Black mark, and deflated behind eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riles

Hi please help me, im a little pressed for money so i got an account to have some of the problems my pygmy bearded dragon has been having (their the same as bearded dragons just smaller)
Stuff that has got me alarmed recently
-a black mark has appeared on her side and i tried to brush it off but it think it is the scales them selves
-the area behind her eyes have become deflated (it could have always been like that but I've only noticed now

Long term issues i wanted to get checked up but they dont seem like their doing anything
-ever since i got my bearded dragon she has had a knob on her tail, i have had her for five years and it doesn't seem like its affecting her)
-she has problems shedding and will kind of not shed some of her scales and then shed them the next time
-her poop is watery
if you need pictures can you please explain how to attach them
thank you

Riles

Original Poster
file:///C:/Users/riley/OneDrive/Pictures/cameron/IMG_5776.JPG
file:///C:/Users/riley/OneDrive/Pictures/cameron/IMG_5777.JPG
file:///C:/Users/riley/OneDrive/Pictures/cameron/IMG_5778.JPG
file:///C:/Users/riley/OneDrive/Pictures/cameron/IMG_5779.JPG
file:///C:/Users/riley/OneDrive/Pictures/cameron/IMG_5780.JPG

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Those did not come up you will need to use the user image uploader at top in the banner then click on the XIMG at the top of message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, your little dragon looks pretty healthy actually. Are you in Australia ? I ask because in the U.S. we call these little ones Rankin's dragons. So can you get pics where you are not casting a shadow , that causes more areas on the dragon to look dark. They do shed in stages all the time, it's really the norm for certain areas of shed to linger for weeks at times. You can spray her in her tank lightly to help with shed. I do see a darker area behind the eye but like I said, shadows are distorting it so try to get some pics without shadows . BTW, post a few pics of her tank ,is she on any substrate ? If she were digging in dirt anywhere it could stain her too. Her head is not deflated, perfectly normal, especially for a Rankin's.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, most get the darker looking stripe behind their ear on their head. There are some
shadows on her so it's hard to tell exactly the coloring, but there might be a few areas where
an upcoming shed is possibly.
The Pygmy & Rankins look a little different. I think she looks really good overall. How long
is she?

Tracie

Riles

Original Poster
AHBD":3b209xrt said:
Hi there, your little dragon looks pretty healthy actually. Are you in Australia ? I ask because in the U.S. we call these little ones Rankin's dragons. So can you get pics where you are not casting a shadow , that causes more areas on the dragon to look dark. They do shed in stages all the time, it's really the norm for certain areas of shed to linger for weeks at times. You can spray her in her tank lightly to help with shed. I do see a darker area behind the eye but like I said, shadows are distorting it so try to get some pics without shadows . BTW, post a few pics of her tank ,is she on any substrate ? If she were digging in dirt anywhere it could stain her too. Her head is not deflated, perfectly normal, especially for a Rankin's.
Thank you,
And yes i do live in Australia, I also have a quick question on the bearded dragon poo because hers don't seem to be normal, there a lot more watery.
Sorry for the shadows in the pictures
109607-7368444185.jpg
109607-3782452983.jpg
109607-2510901969.jpg
109607-6658656867.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's a very chubby girl, must really enjoy her grub. :) What is her diet ? Maybe something she's eating is causing the loose poos. And can you you post more pics of both sides of her head for comparison ? Also both sides of her body ? Her enclosure is set up nicely, I like the cave and natural branch. One thing I would advise to change is to replace the red light with a white halogen bulb. It's more natural, as no animal or human lives under red lights. The colored light bulbs can irritate the eyes and are just money makers for the pet industry.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also the UVB needs to be unobstructed --- the fine screen is blocking 30% of the rays another issue that would cause runny stools- the UVB should be in the tank 6-8 inches directly above basking decor w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb if that is a T 8 bulb ---
Karrie

Riles

Original Poster
Drache613":1zzabljp said:
Hello,

I agree, most get the darker looking stripe behind their ear on their head. There are some
shadows on her so it's hard to tell exactly the coloring, but there might be a few areas where
an upcoming shed is possibly.
The Pygmy & Rankins look a little different. I think she looks really good overall. How long
is she?

Tracie
thank you
Here is a better image of her head and she is seven years old and 25cm long
109607-7911292808.jpg
109607-3461632049.jpg
109607-8095070095.jpg

Riles

Original Poster
AHBD":ywmjx156 said:
She's a very chubby girl, must really enjoy her grub. :) What is her diet ? Maybe something she's eating is causing the loose poos. And can you you post more pics of both sides of her head for comparison ? Also both sides of her body ? Her enclosure is set up nicely, I like the cave and natural branch. One thing I would advise to change is to replace the red light with a white halogen bulb. It's more natural, as no animal or human lives under red lights. The colored light bulbs can irritate the eyes and are just money makers for the pet industry.
here is another picture
109607-7911292808.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom