Getting Your Beardies to Eat Veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I used this method on accident, but it works so easily its amazing, so I have a baby: Rex who wouldn't touch a veggie unless I attached it to a cricket, I have a way to get your beardies to eat veggies.

Step 1: Take any small lid that fits in your beardies tank, I used an old waxworm lid, suggest a circle lid.

Step 2: begin feeding your beardie with said lid, though if your beardie eats comfortably from its food bowl then just use that. so heres the thing, hopefully your okay with 'disabling' the insects so they stay in the lid/bowl, this may make you squeamish, but I use these tongs to give the insect a quick and painless death by crushing the head... I know :( I feel really bad but they were going to die anyway.

Step 3: feed your beardie like this for at least 4 days to let them know that whatever you put in the bowl is food.

Step 4: begin introducing veggies in the lid, this worked instantly for Rex and he immediately began eating like that.

Of course every dragon is different so don't be sad if this method doesn't work, just keep trying and eventually they will eat those veggies.

Good thing I saw this, I just got my boy kratos about two weeks ago and have been dying trying to figure out how to make him eat his veggies ? found out today he likes celery greens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom