Get my bearded dragon to drink water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veltz

I’ve had my dragon for about 2 weeks now. I’m afraid he’s not getting enough to drink. I’ve heard not to put water in the tank for him. So I’ve been spraying water on the salad. Also giving him baths and dropping water on his nose but he won’t open his mouth to take any of the water. And I don’t think he’s a fan of the salad yet so just curious if there is anything else I can be doing.
Peter

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get some BSFL and some small super worms add to the top of the salads first thing in the morning - keep rinsing the salads he will get moisture from them and thru the gut loaded insects your feeding - feed your insects carrots for hydration if you want to -- just dont feed the dragon carrots too to much Vit A-- the BSFL are a great staple feeder for babies -- feed as many as you want -- if you need websites for those let me know - feed 1-3 small supers on the salad --- make sure you add the worms in front of him to draw his attention to the bowl ---
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that most hydration can be received from fresh food. If you do want to try and train them to drink from a water dish, some people have had luck by creating movement in the water. Flick at the water to try and get their attention. Move the water around a bit with your fingers and see if that draws attention. It may or may not work, but worth a shot. You can also offer water by using a dropper or plastic syringe to drip water on their nose which usually causes them to lick at it if they are thirsty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom