Why always a black beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He’s been that way since he was ~ 4 months old. He’s now approximately 6 years old. He’s got a huge appetite especially compared to the 4 previous dragons I’ve had.
You’re saying he’s always in pain/distress?

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
When he does get upset his beard is a distinctive jet black color, very different than the pictures above.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is there another dragon in the house? Are there cats or dogs? Is he eating and basking pooping normally?
Karrie

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2n6pxbly said:
Is there another dragon in the house? Are there cats or dogs? Is he eating and basking pooping normally?
Karrie
No other dragons or pets. He eats and poops normally.

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
When I first got him from a breeder, I took him to a veterinarian to have him checked out. All was good but the vet noticed he does hiss. This is true to this day. Sometimes when I pick him up and he doesn’t want to go he’ll hiss.
None of the other 4 dragons I’ve had would hiss.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Lets go over the lighting -- any colored bulbs in the tank? What are you using for UVB ? brand and bulb coil or tube??? Lighting has a big role in the behavior ---------- basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":14rsypxm said:
Lets go over the lighting -- any colored bulbs in the tank? What are you using for UVB ? brand and bulb coil or tube??? Lighting has a big role in the behavior ---------- basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

No colored bulbs. Zoomed Reptisun 10, 24” tube.
His viv is 4’x2’ made from melamine.
I use a infrared temperature gun to make sure his basking temp is 110F and cool side around 80F.
I appreciate your help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the UVB is a ? ? T 5 or a T 8? Is there a reflector on the fixture?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom