I NEED HELP IDK WHAT TO DO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie, grevious, recently started shedding he has problems shedding so I have to give him bath often I went away for a weekend he was fed btw but when I came back he had a scab on his bottom eyelid I didn’t think much of it and let him go. But it didn’t get smaller or go away it just kept getting bigger and bigger. Recently I’ve been going away often due to it being hunting season and I didn’t want to bring him because it would be too cold we’re we go hunting. So I’m not sure if he’s been itching it off or soemthing but it’s gotten so big and swollen he can’t open his eye! I don’t know what to do I’ve been trying to find a way to help him with out going to the vet(all of the vets in my area are closed due to covid) I really really need help I don’t know how to help him and it’s getting bad please help!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok they didnt come thru --- click on XIMG and see if they downloaded if they did they will come up then click on the pic and it should post
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a serious problem, you'll need a qualified reptile vet to look at that. For now you can apply raw unpasteurized honey to hopefully loosen it. Dilute the honey 1 to 4 parts warm water, then be sure there are no loose crickets in the tank. Have you seen any loose crickets ? The wound looks almost fungal but loose crickets will aggravate + worsen the problem by biting. Please post pics of your tank as well. Sorry to see this problem + hope you can get some help.

KendallmhG

Original Poster
109616-1020855098.jpg
Here’s his tank thank you for that information I’ve just started putting honey on it yesterday I’m calling the vet tomorrow to see if I can get a appointment if they’ve opened up or not I have to go away this weekend do you think he’ll be okay to not go to the vet for a week or so? And be okay alone all day Saturday and part of the day Sunday?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No I would address this problem right away----- the UVB is a T 5 or a T 8? If its a T 5 basking distance should be 12-15 inches from decor and it should be directly underneath if its a T 8 distance should be 6-8 inches from basking decor directly underneath
---- here is a website for a vet
www.arav.org ----------PLEASE GET HIM IN
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You should see a vet ASAP, this is more of an emergency. When an animal has eye trauma they often rub it and make things worse. They don't understand it like we would. This may be very painful and the sooner it's seen the better chance of recovery.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Tell them its a ER -- please check out the website I posted and go from there
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree to try an emergency vet. If it can't be right away then just take care of him the best you can, applying the honey and watching that there are no loose insects in the tank. Do you have any idea how it got like this ?

KendallmhG

Original Poster
I’m not sure I went away for a weekend and when I came back he had it but just kept growing... there’s no insects in his tank he does have a good diet and it hasn’t changed at all he’s eating regularly as he has since I’ve gotten him

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, that appears to be an abscess of some type. He definitely needs to be seen by a
vet as soon as you can because that cannot be comfortable at all. To be honest, I am getting
really sick & tired of the vets closing down due to a farce of Covid. Personally I think it is a
cop out & excuse not to work. Try to find one who is willing to work & wants to treat a reptile.
For now, as suggested, try the raw, unpasteurized honey on the eye to help out in the case of
infection.
Which UVB tube bulb are you using?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom