Discolored scales, possible tail rot/yellow fungus? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maku2002

Now usually, some scale discoloration wouldn't scare me. She's always had some stained scales on her belly region, but yesterday I noticed she wasn't herself. She is usually very active and attentive, but she was very lazy and sluggish. She ate some food, but other than that, she laid on her hammock and her back was darker than usual. She also had some stress lines, which she never usually has.

I woke up this morning and I went to CVS. I picked up some betadine and some lamisil. I gave her a soaking in the betadine, dried her off, then I put some lamisil cream over the stained spots.

Overall, she is doing much better today. She ate tons of salad, she doesn't have anymore stress lines, and she isn't nearly as dark. She is also moving around more.

Since a vet really isn't an option for me, I just want some opinions based on the photos I have below. Could this just be nothing?

https://imgur.com/a/UvY54wY

General info: (I've had my beardy since March 24, of 2019. I got her as a baby so she is well over a year old. Her diet consists of dubia roaches and hornworms for protein, and collard greens and mustard greens for salad. Her salad gets dusted with calcium powder. She lives in a 40 gallon tank with green reptile carpet liner. Her basking temp varies anywhere from 90-100 degrees, and her cool side is around 80. I use a Zoo Med 100w basking bulb and a Reptisun 10.0)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, that's just a patch of shed. I see this on my adult dragons pretty often, it's common for adult or sub adults to have lingering uneven shed. Perfectly normal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom