Need help

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Need help

Postby Alyssaandpeach » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi my name is Alyssa and I have a two year old bearded dragon named peach and I got her about three months ago. And I live in Colorado and it is getting colder but I have been keeping their tanks at relatively the same temperature as normal but lately she has had stress make on her stomach and she is a darker color on her back. She still eats and she’s primarily hanging out on her cool side and o just don’t know if I should be worried. I’m not sure if this is her about to brumate or what.
Alyssaandpeach
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Need help

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Please post a pic of the tank --- it sounds like a lighting issue
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Alyssaandpeach » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:55 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
KarrieRee wrote:Please post a pic of the tank --- it sounds like a lighting issue
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie
Last edited by Alyssaandpeach on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alyssaandpeach
Newbie Poster

Postby Alyssaandpeach » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:55 pm

She has a basking light and a 10.0 uvb. And a under tank heater for when it gets colder.
Alyssaandpeach
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:49 pm

What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? The 10.0 UVB is a T 8 or a T 5 please look on the bulb it will tell you brand and bulb wattage and look for the T 5 or T 8 --- this is very important
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Alyssaandpeach » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:15 pm

I keep her basking temps at about 105-110. I just have a zoo med thermometer and hydrometer to monitor them. And she has a T5 uvb and I just replaced it about a month ago
Alyssaandpeach
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Ok so where is the UVB? Top of screen or inside the tank--- placement and distance is crucial- the stick on thermometers are inaccurate-- please get a digital probe thermometer- they are cheap $ 8 from Petco or PetSmart--
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Alyssaandpeach » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:57 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Ok so where is the UVB? Top of screen or inside the tank--- placement and distance is crucial- the stick on thermometers are inaccurate-- please get a digital probe thermometer- they are cheap $ 8 from Petco or PetSmart--
Karrie

It’s on top of the screen but within the 8-11 inches and I already said I have thermometers in there
Alyssaandpeach
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:04 pm

The screen on the tank is a wide holed ? Not a fine mesh like a screen door? If it is it needs to be inside the tank the screen is blocking 30% of those rays
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion