Is Charmeleon a boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everus

CeSFq16.jpg

After today's bath time, we tried to grab a picture of the insides of Charmeleon's legs. He is about 5-6 months old. Would you say these pores are prominent enough to confirm we have ourselves a male?

His belly looks really dark in this picture, it doesn't look the same in real life. He's eating tons of veggies and bugs and pooping like a champ. Any thoughts?

Also a cute bath picture for everyone's enjoyment. Hopefully a good soak helps get this pesky piece of shed off of his face.

86S9K2s.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Charm looks very charming ! O.K., pretty corny but that is a pretty trans. dragon, the blue bellly comes with the morph , at least while they are young. So you can't tell gender in that pic, you need to arch the tail up high in the air , think of a hyper alert dog's tail. Like in this article :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Get a pic like that to post here, try to get a couple.

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
loljelloclowdz":mprkp4v2 said:
Are you going to call him Charmander when he’s an adult? ?

I think Charizard is who you mean, but STILL. XD

And, Everus, if you can get a shot with his tail lifted like in the guide linked, we MIGHT be able to tell you (though depending on his age, it may or may not be accurate; Ardbert looks like he may be a girl sometimes at nearly 4 months, but the flashlight test confirms the faint bulges I think I see half the time are there, haha).

Everus

Original Poster
Thanks everyone I'll try to get a better picture like you have recommended for taking the gender!

When he was an Itty baby we called him Charmander. Recently we decided he was big enough to "evolve" into Charmeleon. So yes, at full size he will be called Charizard. I'm a nerd, my stepson is 10 and obsessed with Pokémon, so here we are haha

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Curiously, who did you buy him through?

Ps. The nerdy naming is perfectly fine. All of my dragons are named after Studio Ghibli film characters lol. I probably would have done the pokemon name thing too if I didn't start off with Ghibli first lol.

-Brandon

Everus

Original Poster
We got him through a local, privately owned pet store. No idea if they have their own dragons or how they get babies.

Everus

Original Poster
I am not used to looking at the vents of dragons, but hopefully you guys see something here...

MIIgKmi.jpg

RhGKHOR.jpg

vT5Tuzo.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Everus

Original Poster
I know it will be easier as he gets older, but its nice to know if our vibes of boy are likely true. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom