Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Alyssa and I have a two year old bearded dragon named peach and I got her about three months ago. And I live in Colorado and it is getting colder but I have been keeping their tanks at relatively the same temperature as normal but lately she has had stress make on her stomach and she is a darker color on her back. She still eats and she’s primarily hanging out on her cool side and o just don’t know if I should be worried. I’m not sure if this is her about to brumate or what.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? The 10.0 UVB is a T 8 or a T 5 please look on the bulb it will tell you brand and bulb wattage and look for the T 5 or T 8 --- this is very important
Karrie

Alyssaandpeach

Original Poster
I keep her basking temps at about 105-110. I just have a zoo med thermometer and hydrometer to monitor them. And she has a T5 uvb and I just replaced it about a month ago

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so where is the UVB? Top of screen or inside the tank--- placement and distance is crucial- the stick on thermometers are inaccurate-- please get a digital probe thermometer- they are cheap $ 8 from Petco or PetSmart--
Karrie

Alyssaandpeach

Original Poster
KarrieRee":340fnmcw said:
Ok so where is the UVB? Top of screen or inside the tank--- placement and distance is crucial- the stick on thermometers are inaccurate-- please get a digital probe thermometer- they are cheap $ 8 from Petco or PetSmart--
Karrie
It’s on top of the screen but within the 8-11 inches and I already said I have thermometers in there

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The screen on the tank is a wide holed ? Not a fine mesh like a screen door? If it is it needs to be inside the tank the screen is blocking 30% of those rays
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom