New to having a bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardieyoshi

Hi all,
109608-7587423431.jpg
We have had a bearded dragon for 4 weeks now, yoshi is 4months old.
I read so many didn't things online when I google certain things, who ever thought it could be so complicated having a beardie lol
Any way I have recently took to Google fornbasking as my partner thinks our basking temp is to high.
And thats why he doesn't use his basking ramp.
He has a large high branch in his tank that he prefers to sit all day in the hot end.
Is this still basking???
I know he is grey in this picture , was when we first got him.and was stressed, he is normal all white

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's always good to ask especially on Q's about heat + uvb. It looks like your basking bulb is positioned from the left and it looks very close to the basking platform. That would be why he's avoiding it. It's O.K because he's sitting where he's comfortable, for some beardies they don't like it over 100 at all. One thing to watch out for when a basking bulb is that close is that they don't get burned, a few dragons do . What type of uvb bulb do you have and can you post a pic of the entire tank. ? Just an FYI, wood chips can be a danger if swallowed so you might think of a safer substrate like soil/sand mix, or newspaper with non adhesive shelf liner is also a good choice.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very beautiful + spacious set up ! Really nice use of climbing areas too. :) So the heat bulb on the left is too close , just move the cage decor away from it. Other than that and the wood chips it's a great set up !

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Beautiful tank --- I agree ditch the wood chips as AHBD recommended -- and you only need one good basking bulb -- one that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stickons they are inaccurate --- its good to offer a heat gradient so he can pick his temps he wants to bask -- a piece of wood decor that offers different places to sit would do the trick --- temps of 95-110 -- also the UVB is a what bulb T 5 or a T 8 -- the fixture looks like it has NO reflector ???? If there is NO reflector I recommend you get one --- its going to direct the rays downward toward him benefiting him --- also distance plays a huge role here as well
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
You should get a ceramic dome put over the heat bulbs unless they are MVB, in which you should use a non-ceramic dome. (There’s a piece of ceramic on some domes.) You don’t want those bulbs starting a fire! If you need it to be brighter in there you can always install regular lights, but don’t set your house on fire, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom