I need help with lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How much is on the screen? If most of it is unobstructed she should be fine - and the distance is ?
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
The lamp hangs off of the tank but the part on the tank only has 2-3 inches obstructed and 9 inches unobstructed. The log is 7-8 inches away from the reptisun and the hammock is 6 inches away but not directly under it. She basked under it for like 15 minutes and then went to her water bowl on the cool side and laid down with her tail in it. Why is that?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so half of it is unobstructed work on getting more of it unobstructed if you can --- the tail in the water is " no idea" --- she may just like the coolness on the tail its like having your feet in the water like sitting on a dock --- I am thinking ---
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
I don't think I can get more of it to be unobstructed without risking my lizard and the lamp... She also just settled more of her lower body into the water(its now at her hip). I think the idea of her just liking the coolness is a really cute idea! I'm confused about the dimmer because even if I dim it down the temp goes down for a bit but eventually returns to 112.. Maybe she thinks its too hot in her basking area?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
112 is pretty high older dragons dont like real hot temps try lowering it to 100 and see what she does --- work on getting the UVB more of it unobstructed can you take the screen off and put it so it sits half way on w/ the UVB on the very end and the basking bulb on the screen itself - you may haft to adjust some of your decor
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Should I try putting the 50 watt bulb in? I don't have any other decor available that could do the job correctly; only some rocks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are you using for wattage now? If you haft to put the UVB width wise-- on one end butt the screen up to the UVB and put the basking lamp next to it--- the distance for UVB 12-15 inches directly underneath-- use you logs and whatever your using now-- if you you use the rocks make sure they are not getting too hot
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes for a T 5 you want it 12-15 inches unobstructed- is your screen really fine mesh or a wider hole screen ? Fine mesh would be like a screen door
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the T5 needs to be unobstructed and 12-15 inches --- try setting it up in my last post w/ the UVB at the very end of tank screen butted up to it and basking light on the screen ---
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Okay I'll try that. Getting rid of the log will bump it up to 12 inches away from the lamp but she'll have nothing to sit on and I just feel bad about that... But if you say so, I'll do it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Take your stick log the one w/ the branch on it and lay it down in the tank so the long piece is laying on the floor of the tank - place it under the UVB and the basking lamp and see what kind of temp your getting and how far from UVB -- moving decor pieces is easier than the lights --- if you haft to get some more decor pieces for her Petsmart has nice pieces for dragons
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
109531-5266394918.jpg
Here is a picture of the screen btw. I can try making something that'll hold the lamp up higher with things around my house but I don't really have any ideas. If I move the stick there it'll still be less than 12 inches, if she likes it would that be just fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom