No parasites.... What else could cause loose stool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone. I posted yesterday about my vet wellness exam and how my beardie slept through the whole car ride through the city ? But today his lab results came and they said they didn't find any abnormal things regarding parasites. He still has loose, and very runny poop. It stinks, too. What could be the problem here? It's mostly likely not over-hygration, but could someone guide me on how to tell if it actually is?

Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The runny poop can be caused by diet---------- what is the diet lots of fruit and squash will cause runny poop --- UVB what are you using brand and bulb please ---- NO coils --- basking temps how are your taking them and what are they?
Karrie

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His diet consists of a daily salad - arugula, collard, mustard, kale, and a little butternut squash. (I change greens every week or so) Sometimes I give him fruits but he likes squash and bell peppers a lot more. Bsfl is a main staple, dubia roaches are secondary. Reptisun 10.0 T8 is his uvb, its about 8 inches away from his favorite spots and basking rock. Cool side is 75-85 (depends on weather). Hot side air temps are 90-95ish. Basking spot is ~105-110 taken by a probe. I only recently started giving squash, but he had loose poops before that.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they just have loose poops and it's not caused by a known issue. My guy has been like that for years. It doesn't seem to be a problem for him. You can try adjusting the diet to see if anything changes. If not, then I'd keep offering squash if he likes it because it is hydrating and will help replenish water that is lost via the loose poops.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok - I guess Ill try the diet changes. It's just so annoying and difficult, it leaks all over the place and isn't just one little bundle like normal ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I hear that. I've trained my guy to go on vinyl floor outside of his enclosure (for the most part) and that makes it easier to clean up with paper towels and then clean & sanitize.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My Tokyo goes on his basking spot and doesn't want to change spots. Its so annoying but I'm kind of his slave now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom