Not Brumating, but Not Eating Much Either

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Well, I'm going out on a limb and saying that Figment isn't brumating right now. He IS behaving slower, spending almost all his time basking, and occasionally going into his hide for 24-48 hours at a shot. And he's not eating much at all, and not pooping.

His weight this evening is at the 558g mark, if my scale is accurate - but it's the first time I've weighed him since the vet did in August, when he was 570 (where he passed his exam with flying colors). I'm concerned about the ~20g drop in weight, and because while I know that dragons who do brumate slow down around this time of year, I'm not sure what to make of my wide-awake dragon acting like he's about to go down.

Advice?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beardies are all different, some will do a variation of what Fig is doing , some [ like mine ] will just disappear in whatever hiding log or under the newspaper and completely conk out. If you cut back the lights a few hours a day you might see him stay curled up somewhere for longer. Does he have a hide ? On the other hand some will do what Fig is doing and then just go back to " normal " all of a sudden.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2yhkuj83 said:
Beardies are all different, some will do a variation of what Fig is doing , some [ like mine ] will just disappear in whatever hiding log or under the newspaper and completely conk out. If you cut back the lights a few hours a day you might see him stay curled up somewhere for longer. Does he have a hide ? On the other hand some will do what Fig is doing and then just go back to " normal " all of a sudden.

Yes, Figment has a hide... he goes in every now and again, and I just bought a second hide from Zen Habitats for the warm side of the tank, too. It should be in by the end of November. I just wish he would eat a little bit more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom