Barely Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

izanagi

hello,
i made a discussion similar to this in “general”, however, now im becoming much more concerned. i honestly dont know what to do at this rate and if i cant really get answers then im forced to probably go to a vet. however, before that occurs, i want to try to get as many answers as i can. i have a baby bearded dragon if i were to guess, maybe 1-1 1/2 months old. hes going through relocation stress and the bulbs i have are:
150w for basking
reptisun 10.0 for uvb
the tank is also a 36x18x18
i previously had a 5.0 uvb (unknowingly, i thought the 10.0 came with the fixture. i DEFINITELY changed that yesterday)
he wont eat any kind of insect or solid food. no kinds of greens, crickets, waxworms (as a treat to encourage him to eat), nothing. i fed him some applesauce and he took a few licks at that. hes jumping around, running around, drinking water. he just wont eat and he hasnt eaten since sunday i dont know why. i dont feel anything in his stomach and his eyes arent sunken in and theyre clear. hes gone to the bathroom as well and his urate isnt hard and it was well-formed. i dont know what to do, please help :(

izanagi

Original Poster
i already went to the vet everyone. hes okay but i was given some medication for him. thank you anyways! please wish frito a speedy recovery :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like you have a good setup for him and he is just taking time to settle in. Some of them are more timid than others. I'm glad the vet said he is OK, but which meds did they give him? Not sure why they would medicate unless it was for something specific. Unless something was determined to be wrong, I'd take a less is more approach and let him be in order to minimize stress and let him settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom