3 1/2 month old not eating enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleinz

About a month ago I got a baby dragon. I have all the right supplies, stays around 111-ish in her basking area, humidity says it’s at an okay level, and I have the repti-sun uvb tube. 2 weeks ago she was only eating 5-10 Dubia roaches a day and weighed 14 grams, now she eats about 14-30 a day and weighs 35.4 grams. I have roaches, silkworms, and butter worms in her escape proof bowl all day, and salad contains kale, arugula, dandelion greens, and cut up carrot. She usually picks out the arugula. Im part of a bearded dragon group on Facebook and they say she should be eating 70-100 a day. She poops once every morning and I clean it up. I give her bathes 3 times a week. Other than not eating more than 30 bugs a day she’s perfectly healthy, she runs around and will jump and run around when out of her tank. She’s also almost constantly shedding, she’s gone through one whole shed and started another one after 2 days of not shedding. She went to the vet 2 weeks ago, they said she might have parasites but need a fecal to tell and they gave us some calcium meds and a carnivore mix. She’s a lot better than she was 2 weeks ago. I’m going to try get a fecal test done sometime this week because the Facebook group says she most likely has parasites. It’s a little difficult because is says the poop has to be collected and brought into the vet 8 hours after she poops and the vet is an hour away.
109359-6799915279.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks great in the photos and it sounds like you're doing everything correctly. Don't worry about the amount she is eating. That will fluctuate wildly over time. As long as she is eating some, pooping regularly, and is active/alert then I think she's just fine. A fecal test probably isn't necessary, but can be done as a matter of routine checkup/annual checkup. Just save the last poop in a ziploc bag and refrigerate it and keep it cold until you get to the vet, that should be enough to test for most common parasites. Don't stress about that too much though, If she isn't showing signs of lethargy and her poops aren't super messy and excessively stinky then even if there are parasites present, they aren't likely in high enough concentration to cause any trouble. Just keep anything that comes into contact with poop cleaned and sanitized. You're doing just fine =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom