Not Brumating, but Not Eating Much Either

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Well, I'm going out on a limb and saying that Figment isn't brumating right now. He IS behaving slower, spending almost all his time basking, and occasionally going into his hide for 24-48 hours at a shot. And he's not eating much at all, and not pooping.

His weight this evening is at the 558g mark, if my scale is accurate - but it's the first time I've weighed him since the vet did in August, when he was 570 (where he passed his exam with flying colors). I'm concerned about the ~20g drop in weight, and because while I know that dragons who do brumate slow down around this time of year, I'm not sure what to make of my wide-awake dragon acting like he's about to go down.

Advice?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beardies are all different, some will do a variation of what Fig is doing , some [ like mine ] will just disappear in whatever hiding log or under the newspaper and completely conk out. If you cut back the lights a few hours a day you might see him stay curled up somewhere for longer. Does he have a hide ? On the other hand some will do what Fig is doing and then just go back to " normal " all of a sudden.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2yhkuj83 said:
Beardies are all different, some will do a variation of what Fig is doing , some [ like mine ] will just disappear in whatever hiding log or under the newspaper and completely conk out. If you cut back the lights a few hours a day you might see him stay curled up somewhere for longer. Does he have a hide ? On the other hand some will do what Fig is doing and then just go back to " normal " all of a sudden.

Yes, Figment has a hide... he goes in every now and again, and I just bought a second hide from Zen Habitats for the warm side of the tank, too. It should be in by the end of November. I just wish he would eat a little bit more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom