Juvenile Beardie hasn’t Pooped in 2 Days :(

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Juvenile Beardie hasn’t Pooped in 2 Days :(

Postby littylivvy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:52 pm

hey, so i changed the flooring of my enclosure for my dragon from the tarps from the pet store to paper towels bc i was worried ab scale rot. I woke up the morning after to see a corner of the paper towel eaten and another little area where he sleeps. He was clawing at the tape when i first put it in, but i wouldn’t think he would eat it since he gets fed often through out the day. He usually poops like 1-2 times a day but hasn’t poop in nearly 2 days, and i’m worried. He continues to eat, he’s really active and he drank water today as well. His stomach looks really plump so i’m worried he’s impacted ?? Any thoughts
littylivvy
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Juvenile Beardie hasn’t Pooped in 2 Days :(

Postby Drache613 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:53 pm

Hello,

Oh dear, they are terrible about eating & chewing on things sometimes!
Paper towel is not awful, but might impact him a little bit. Since he hasn't gone to the
bathroom yet, you can give some canned or fresh pumpkin along with sugar free applesauce
mixed with a drop or two of olive or coconut oil blended together. You could even use some
prune puree baby food, too. Those should help to move things through a little bit. Since he
did drink some water & has been eating, those are good signs.
Be sure his basking temperatures are optimal as well. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby littylivvy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:46 am

Drache613 wrote:Hello,

Oh dear, they are terrible about eating & chewing on things sometimes!
Paper towel is not awful, but might impact him a little bit. Since he hasn't gone to the
bathroom yet, you can give some canned or fresh pumpkin along with sugar free applesauce
mixed with a drop or two of olive or coconut oil blended together. You could even use some
prune puree baby food, too. Those should help to move things through a little bit. Since he
did drink some water & has been eating, those are good signs.
Be sure his basking temperatures are optimal as well. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Hi, thank you for the tips! He went to the bathroom while i was sleeping last night so we’re all good!!
littylivvy
Newbie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:09 am

Glad to hear :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby loljelloclowdz » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Lol Mari did that too and I had to keep her floor naked for the first 3 months I had her until she became mature enough to not eat things she’s not supposed to. 😂 just be glad you didn’t use sand, that’s worse!
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER