Beardie Hurt His Front Foot PLZ HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4t

So I've been scouring the internet for the past day extremely worried about my little guy. I've had him for about 2 months and it's been an uphill battle, mostly because I worry about everything and constantly watch him for any changes. He has a strong appetite but yesterday I noticed that he wasn't using his right arm, he would move it well but wouldn't place it down. only the wrist is swollen and he moves the arm without any trouble. I have my suspicions that he caught his nail on the towel where he slept and yanked it in the morning which is where he got hurt. I've taken that out since I noticed his injury and have been monitoring him to see how he is doing. He has an appetite and moves around his enclosure without any trouble, but he usually just stays in his basking spot for the majority of the day.

I really don't think it's gout or MBD, he hasn't had any other symptoms as he has an appetite and doesn't show any signs of lethargy. I just don't know where to go from here and if I should be worrying this much. I've fed him more calcium these past two days (he eats a combo of discoid roaches and crickets with some watercress and a little watermelon as a treat). I've been taking pictures to see his progress and I think it has gotten less swollen and he is in less pain (has been moving around more today than yesterday)

109411-2744977796.jpg
This was the first day that I noticed the injury
109411-8479181486.jpg
This was today after his dinner

I'm a student on a budget so I would really like to fix this problem myself before going to a vet but if it's necessary, I will do it for my little guy ;-;

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may have gotten snagged as you said but if you have a mesh hammock that can also result in this type of sprain. He will probably be fine, especially if you see the swelling going down. Do you have a pic of his tank ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He sure is a colorful little thing!
I agree, he probably just caught his toenail or hand in his hammock. Since you already
removed the hammock then that shouldn't happen again. If his swelling has started to go
down then hopefully it will continue to go down for him.
If it seems to be bothering him, then I would definitely keep his basking area a little bit lower
so he doesn't have to climb to bask.
I hope he starts doing better soon!
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom