Need some more lighting help

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, I recently found out my lighting setup for my bearded dragon is wrong and I am working on fixing it. From what I've learned I need:
1. The right uvb fixture
2. A T5 10.0 reptisun
3. A digital thermometer
But for now I can only get the fixture and the thermometer... Will that be okay until christmas? I will most likely get a stand to put the uvb inside the tank for adequate amounts of uvb. The reason I cant get the reptisun yet is because I can't upgrade my tank until christmas. I want to know if this setup is okay until I can get everything else I need. Thank you!
Also, do you guys have any idea about ways to hang the uvb dome inside the tank? Not fully inside as I still have a small tank. I mean like just hang it above or just slightly inside

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you get the 24" fixture the bulb that comes w/ the fixture you can use NOW for the 20 gallon - you will not need to upgrade the bulb till you get the bigger tank ---- use that bulb its going to be a 5.0 bulb which is perfect for the 20 gallon - you will not need to get the T 5 until you go to the bigger tank and it will only be $20 or so----- you need to have the 5.0 unobstructed w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor ---- -- please look at the pic I posted of my 20 gallon tank ---
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
KarrieRee":356m9eur said:
If you get the 24" fixture the bulb that comes w/ the fixture you can use NOW for the 20 gallon - you will not need to upgrade the bulb till you get the bigger tank ---- use that bulb its going to be a 5.0 bulb which is perfect for the 20 gallon - you will not need to get the T 5 until you go to the bigger tank and it will only be $20 or so----- you need to have the 5.0 unobstructed w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor ---- -- please look at the pic I posted of my 20 gallon tank ---
Karrie
Thats perfect! Is 5 inches away too unsafe?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Try 6-8 inches basically your setting up for a T 8 --- the 24" fixture will come w/ no plastic cover over the bulb --- the fixture can sit width wise over the top of the tank - have it all set up on one end - if you haft to take and place the screen half way on w/ the basking dome sitting on the screen -- if you need more help let me know --- you should have the fixture and other things in like 3 -5 days I am thinking I just ordered from them and had my order in like 3 days
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Okay... So what youre saying is that the reptisun can sit diagnolly across the top of the tank(supported by the corners of the top of the tank)? Or it can be place ON the screen only if nessecary?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No have it sit across tank width wise-- have the basking bulb either clamped on very end or set it on the screen - you want the UVB w/ No obstruction blocking the bulb--- you can sit everything in the middle of tank but IAM thinking then you won't have a cool side of tank and you need a cool side look at the pic I posted of my 20 gallon
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Okay. I understand now. Thank you! You won't mind if after I set it up I send a picture just to make sure I did it right, right? Because I know I've been asking SO many questions.. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom