Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My eyesight isn't great so can't see much difference but you're right there so if you can see improvement that's excellent !

CaptainBlackbeard

Original Poster
AHBD":1os63f4r said:
My eyesight isn't great so can't see much difference but you're right there so if you can see improvement that's excellent !

My eyesight requires reading glasses sometimes. But I think it's improving. I went to a grocery store and found Manuka Honey there so am considering it.

CaptainBlackbeard

Original Poster
Today's update: I went back to Chlorhexidine Solution twice daily. I'm not sure if it's changing for the better or worse. I'm so worried about his mouth. I've switched from using q-tips to gauze pads soaked in Chlorhexidine.

109528-855879840.jpg

CaptainBlackbeard

Original Poster
Any moderators or admins on line? I'm thinking of doing a gofundme for Maya. I think he will need a vet to look at it. I was able to feel it. It's soft and squishy.

Are they allowed on here? If so, I can post his gofundme. I have no friends on FB that will help me out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Look here for a vet
www.arav.org
Let me know what vet you find and I can pitch in some money at the vets office that you choose
Karrie

CaptainBlackbeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3qny1w1r said:
Look here for a vet
http://www.arav.org
Let me know what vet you find and I can pitch in some money at the vets office that you choose
Karrie

Best Friends Animal Hospital.
Here's his vet:

https://thebestfriendsanimalhospital.com/team/john-w-gray-dvm/
I'll call them tomorrow morning and see about getting him in. I do know that his exotic exams are $40-$45. But I have no clue what this will cost me.

I'll go ahead and post his gofundme.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-our-sweet-boy-get-a-mouth-lump-checked

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It does not look like hes a reptile vet -- you want a reptile vet -- I looked up some vets and found 3 w/ in 50 miles of Calhoun --- here they are -------have you had him into see this vet?

Melissa R. Edwards
13 John Maddox Dr NW
Rome
Georgia
30165-1413
United States
706-2909301

John Tarabula
9100 Knox Bridge Hwy
Canton
Georgia
30114-5871
United States
770-4790111

Anthony L. Ashley Jr.
2223 E 23rd St
Chattanooga
Tennessee
37407-1108
United States
423-698-2401
I would call one of these vets and get prices from them
Karrie

CaptainBlackbeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1dychhck said:
It does not look like hes a reptile vet -- you want a reptile vet -- I looked up some vets and found 3 w/ in 50 miles of Calhoun --- here they are -------have you had him into see this vet?

Melissa R. Edwards
13 John Maddox Dr NW
Rome
Georgia
30165-1413
United States
706-2909301

John Tarabula
9100 Knox Bridge Hwy
Canton
Georgia
30114-5871
United States
770-4790111

Anthony L. Ashley Jr.
2223 E 23rd St
Chattanooga
Tennessee
37407-1108
United States
423-698-2401
I would call one of these vets and get prices from them
Karrie

Those vets are too far for me to go to. My car will not make it. It's way too old.

The vet I go to does treat exotic reptiles. He also has a reptile in the office that is his.

CaptainBlackbeard

Original Poster
New Update for today: Last night's photo was worrisome. I didn't get a photo of today's granulation tissue.

This morning, I noticed that his tissue is a ball that seemed to have finally begun to show signs of shrinking(?). I used the honey three times within three days. (This may have helped more.)

I also have changed from dabbing with a q-tip to gauze pads. They seem to hold more chlorhexidine solution 1% better than the q-tip. It was not dripping soaked. It was just soaked with chlorhexidine. He doesn't fight as much as he did with a q-tip. I would place a folded piece of gauze onto the site and let him clamp down on it. It does seem to work this way much better. I also found myself cleaning his mouth with a moist gauze pad and cleaning his teeth with q-tips.

I need some advice on some collidial silver...Is it a good thing to have or will it end up killing him? I don't want him to become ill.

He also ate a lot of delicious slurry tonight. 2.0 mls of dinner and 1.5 mls this morning. I switched around breakfast and dinner today. I figured I'd sweeten the meal with some bee pollen granules soaked until they had absorbed into a paste. Then added it to his leftovers of breakfast. He lapped it right up and stood next to his dish for dinner. So that's a first. Tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a photo.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Glad to hear that he's eating some ! You can check with Tracie [ Drahe613 ] about the colloidal silver, she knows a lot about it.

CaptainBlackbeard

Original Poster
AHBD":2re16y5f said:
Glad to hear that he's eating some ! You can check with Tracie [ Drahe613 ] about the colloidal silver, she knows a lot about it.

It's smaller this morning and I decided not to use colloidal silver. I did a little research on it. It has too many risks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The colloidal silver, doesn't really carry anymore risks than antibiotics. If given properly
& cycled, it is very helpful. Were you going to give it for his health, or to put on his mouth
area? It is a terrific antimicrobal/antibacterial agent. I have used it for a number of things
successfully.
Are you also using the honey on the mouth area right now?

Tracie

CaptainBlackbeard

Original Poster
Drache613":2andokbw said:
Hello,

The colloidal silver, doesn't really carry anymore risks than antibiotics. If given properly
& cycled, it is very helpful. Were you going to give it for his health, or to put on his mouth
area? It is a terrific antimicrobal/antibacterial agent. I have used it for a number of things
successfully.
Are you also using the honey on the mouth area right now?

Tracie

I was thinking of putting it on his healing tissue, but I didn't want to use too much stuff. I have stopped with the honey a few days ago because it became a different size because he was 'chewing' on it or 'licking it too much to get the honey off.' Then as soon as I resume chlorhexidine treatments with a gauze pad, it began to shrink in size. The honey may have helped since it is local honey. I read that pure local honey will crystallize and it did. I have it in the fridge. (We had ant problems so I wanted to preserve honey.)

He has stopped messing with it. It looks like it's shrinking.

He also ate 2 1/2 mls of bee pollen, pedialyte, dandelion green leaf powder, carrot, probiotics, spirulina powder for breakfast and 0.30 mls of dinner with left over breakfast. He had his mouth covered in slurry though. Funniest and cutest thing yet. He did poop today and did a Picasso Painting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom