Tail rot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystallaughton

New beardie owner and have questions about his tail. I can’t tell if it’s tail rot or just turning brown. I have pics but I can’t figure out how to upload them to this site.

When you are about to post something, there's a tab above the chat box that says XIMG. If you click on it, it shows you the pictures you uploaded to the website and I believe that it lets you upload pictures from your gallery. My child is having similar problems, but I am no certified vet :D . I hope this helps!

Crystallaughton

Original Poster
109126-2761667231.jpg
109126-777567840.jpg
He’s never had an injury just dark circles appeared… And then the bottom one started doing this...I’ve started the betodine and Neosporin treatment but I’m still worried

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The crimped bit at the end doesn't look good. Keep up the treatment and take photos regularly so you can compare. If that starts looking worse or starts traveling up the tail, then a vet visit is warranted for further treatment. If it stays the same over time, then it isn't likely to cause a problem. Do keep a close eye on it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the end of the tail looks troublesome, poor thing. Continue putting the antibiotic
ointment on the end of the tail & just do your best to keep the tail clean. I hope it doesn't
travel upwards on the tail. Did he get it pinched in something?

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom