Best automatic timer for lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Hello,

What are some of the recommended automatic timers that control the times when lights come on and off?

Thank you,
Luvmybd

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The cheapest one you can find haha.

They all work the same really. I've never had an issue with the 6 dollar timers Ive bought over the years.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the cheap mechanical timers are fine. I use the grounded ones that have dual outlets so I can control multiple lights with the same switch if I want to.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I plug my power strip into my single timer so that I can control all of the lights with the single timer.

-Brandon

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Do you have a 24 hour or 7 day timer?
The 24 hour timer will work on same settings everyday of the week automatically?
For example if you want the lights to turn on 8 am and off 8 pm everyday, a 24 hour timer will automatically do this 7 days/week?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Correct. :)
You'd only need a 7 day timer if you wanted the lights to come on at different times depending on the day.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom