I need help with lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Okay.. I do plan on upgrading to at least a 50 gallon. I will get as much as possible at the pet store and work on getting my mom to buy the lights as soon as possible. I will get the single dome fixture. Here is the basking bulb I use:
109531-1977556772.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep that's good-- I used the 75 watt in my 20 gallon-- do what you can keep me posted on what you get and I will help you get it set up
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's all they carry in the petstores normally - you can set the fixture width wise-- on the tank w/ no screen or clear plastic cover over or in between the bulb--- NO obstruction- basking decor needs to be directly underneath-- 6-8 inches from basking decor--
97951-9562450009.jpg
This is how I had my 20 gallon set up basking light clamped on end of tank and UVB width wise--
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
109531-8945315722.jpg
109531-7232361007.jpg
109531-8145112660.jpg
109531-7445339486.jpg
[GALLERY=media, 23928][/GALLERY][/[GALLERY=media, 23935][/GALLERY]img]
Heres the pictures. Shes in a 20 gallon at the moment but by this christmas she should be in a 50 gallon with better lights

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Do you guys think that my beardie will be okay with only the correct basking bulb and fixture until christmas when I can get the reptisun?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would work on getting the UVB ASAP-- not sure till Christmas --- you can take her outside for good UVB if the temp is 65 or higher --- place her in a plastic tote NO glass for 15 minutes in direct/ partial shade -- do not leave her unattended or you can hold her on you --- do this everyday -- or every other --- do you have a digital probe thermometer for basking temps? I see no thermometer at all in the tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom