I need help with lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Okay.. I do plan on upgrading to at least a 50 gallon. I will get as much as possible at the pet store and work on getting my mom to buy the lights as soon as possible. I will get the single dome fixture. Here is the basking bulb I use:
109531-1977556772.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep that's good-- I used the 75 watt in my 20 gallon-- do what you can keep me posted on what you get and I will help you get it set up
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's all they carry in the petstores normally - you can set the fixture width wise-- on the tank w/ no screen or clear plastic cover over or in between the bulb--- NO obstruction- basking decor needs to be directly underneath-- 6-8 inches from basking decor--
97951-9562450009.jpg
This is how I had my 20 gallon set up basking light clamped on end of tank and UVB width wise--
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
109531-8945315722.jpg
109531-7232361007.jpg
109531-8145112660.jpg
109531-7445339486.jpg
[GALLERY=media, 23928][/GALLERY][/[GALLERY=media, 23935][/GALLERY]img]
Heres the pictures. Shes in a 20 gallon at the moment but by this christmas she should be in a 50 gallon with better lights

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Do you guys think that my beardie will be okay with only the correct basking bulb and fixture until christmas when I can get the reptisun?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would work on getting the UVB ASAP-- not sure till Christmas --- you can take her outside for good UVB if the temp is 65 or higher --- place her in a plastic tote NO glass for 15 minutes in direct/ partial shade -- do not leave her unattended or you can hold her on you --- do this everyday -- or every other --- do you have a digital probe thermometer for basking temps? I see no thermometer at all in the tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom