Ringo’s Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingoTheDragon

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster so sorry if there’s something wrong with the post!

I’ve been looking after my sister’s beardie and he has this thing with his eyes. Long story short, he’s been to the vet and they told her to get Repti Turtle Eye Drops and they still haven’t done anything(5+ months later)

Is this something someone has come across?

Pictures attached bellow if I’ve done it correctly.

https://ibb.co/Y7MhS7g
https://ibb.co/WfHhjSk

Turtle drops won't do anything unless there's a Vitamin A Deficiency. I was looking up the product on Chewy. Do you have another vet that you can go see? That doesn't look normal.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to have a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps for an adult dragon 95-110 and the UVB needs to be directly above him not beside him --- this could be the issue --- please get put above him in a fixture w/ a reflector -- just from the picture I am seeing the light is shining right in his eyes --- please tell me what bulb your using ? T 5 or a T 8
Karrie

RingoTheDragon

Original Poster
KarrieRee":35e46idr said:
You need to have a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps for an adult dragon 95-110 and the UVB needs to be directly above him not beside him --- this could be the issue --- please get put above him in a fixture w/ a reflector -- just from the picture I am seeing the light is shining right in his eyes --- please tell me what bulb your using ? T 5 or a T 8
Karrie

Hi Kerrie,

Thank you for your reply, the UVB is 90cm 30w T8

The temp is 36’c and 24’c on each side

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so I would still get your UVB above him in a fixture w/ a reflector if there isnt any -- distance should be 6-8 inches directly above basking decor and if the bulb is 6 months or older it needs to be replaced - basking temp is ok they should range from 95-110 F - is he pooping ok ? And cool side of tank is 75 F during the day I am guessing? I would try and get it up to around 80 F-- 75 F at nite is good for a temp - what kind of substrate are you using? No loose - it can irritate eyes if it gets into them
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom