Juvenile Beardie hasn’t Pooped in 2 Days :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

littylivvy

hey, so i changed the flooring of my enclosure for my dragon from the tarps from the pet store to paper towels bc i was worried ab scale rot. I woke up the morning after to see a corner of the paper towel eaten and another little area where he sleeps. He was clawing at the tape when i first put it in, but i wouldn’t think he would eat it since he gets fed often through out the day. He usually poops like 1-2 times a day but hasn’t poop in nearly 2 days, and i’m worried. He continues to eat, he’s really active and he drank water today as well. His stomach looks really plump so i’m worried he’s impacted ?? Any thoughts

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, they are terrible about eating & chewing on things sometimes!
Paper towel is not awful, but might impact him a little bit. Since he hasn't gone to the
bathroom yet, you can give some canned or fresh pumpkin along with sugar free applesauce
mixed with a drop or two of olive or coconut oil blended together. You could even use some
prune puree baby food, too. Those should help to move things through a little bit. Since he
did drink some water & has been eating, those are good signs.
Be sure his basking temperatures are optimal as well. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

littylivvy

Original Poster
Drache613":1j5bulfk said:
Hello,

Oh dear, they are terrible about eating & chewing on things sometimes!
Paper towel is not awful, but might impact him a little bit. Since he hasn't gone to the
bathroom yet, you can give some canned or fresh pumpkin along with sugar free applesauce
mixed with a drop or two of olive or coconut oil blended together. You could even use some
prune puree baby food, too. Those should help to move things through a little bit. Since he
did drink some water & has been eating, those are good signs.
Be sure his basking temperatures are optimal as well. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Hi, thank you for the tips! He went to the bathroom while i was sleeping last night so we’re all good!!

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Lol Mari did that too and I had to keep her floor naked for the first 3 months I had her until she became mature enough to not eat things she’s not supposed to. ? just be glad you didn’t use sand, that’s worse!

Did you try putting him/her in a warm bath? If you want to try, massage his belly and let him/her relax. When my beardie, Sandstorm was impacted, i put him in the bath and he poops within 5-10 minutes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom