Hesitant to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

izanagi

hi guys,

i recently got a new bearded dragon after unfortunately my last one passing away, but i got my new one yesterday and wow... their personalities are completely different. my last bearded dragon after coming home was completely fine and ate with no complications, loved being handled, etc.this one is very jumpy when it comes to being handled (i only handle him when necessary since hes very new, but as i was typing this he came to the front of the tank and i held him for a bit and he was so much better!). but i dont know if its because hes new he doesnt wanna eat and hes overwhelmed or its something wrong with him. hes eaten here and there (as he did yesterday) and hes a bit chubby. my setup is a 36x18x18 and i have a 150w basking bulb and uvb is a T5 HO 24W 10.0.

this is what he looks like:

2qq2AQl_d.webp

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First hes going thru relocation so his eating is going to be off --- the T 5 is inside the tank or on top of screen?
Karrie

izanagi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2j8oupiu said:
First hes going thru relocation so his eating is going to be off --- the T 5 is inside the tank or on top of screen?
Karrie

on top temporarily until i can figure out how to get it inside the tank and hook it up inside bc ive tried everything to get it inside the tank and it just makes no sense to me how people do it. whenever i do get the hooks people have, it never fits for some reason :( im going to the store this weekend to get everything i need to hook it up

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here are some things to consider
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip tie-- fishing line-- potted plant wire hangers--- TAK TY hook and cable ties try Walmart they look like a velcro strap and they work really good - I have them in one of my tanks--
Karrie

izanagi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":qsxud2c6 said:
Here are some things to consider
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip tie-- fishing line-- potted plant wire hangers--- TAK TY hook and cable ties try Walmart they look like a velcro strap and they work really good - I have them in one of my tanks--
Karrie

id hate to bother you for this, but do u think u could show a pic of kind of how it works? im not really good at when it comes to crafts and im more of a visual learner ? it would be greatly appreciated !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom