Accidentally fed a single dubia roach during brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrylak

Hello all,
new forum member here. Like a foolish beardie dad who is still constantly learning, I fed my bearded dragon a single dubia roach few days ago when he popped his head out of his brumation. then he went straight back into brumating, and now I'm panicking because I don't want the roach to rot his stomach while he's still in brumation. Does anybody have any advice??? Should I call my vet?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That is a myth, the roach won't rot in the stomach. Its perfectly fine to give them a small little meal if they wake up and seem to want a few bugs.

-Brandon

bbrylak

Original Poster
I appreciate the feedback. I didn't feed him at all before this, as he took a big dump about 2 weeks ago before he really went into full brumation.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, I've given my guy some small snacks during brumation and it hasn't caused any issues. He eventually poops, but it's just longer between. Sometimes a few weeks instead of daily. They don't tend to be very hungry though and will kind of limit the amount they eat on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom