Possible tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I’m a new beardie owner and recently purchased my beardie Moana (daughter is a fan lol) from a pet store. Can anyone confirm if this is tail rot?

109567-1097228206.jpg

109567-9564234120.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks dead on the end --- keep an eye on it maybe take pics of it -- if it starts to creep up the tail you may need to take him to the vet - in the mean time you can put some raw unpasteurized honey on it -- manuka is good -- the honey will kill any infection going on --- just make sure you do NOT leave any crickets in the tank they will go straight for that tail -- if feeding them feed 1-2 at a time so you know how many are in the tank or feed in a separate container
Karrie

Apmartin11

Original Poster
Thank you so much! Will definitely take your advice and keep an eye on it. Will it just fall off eventually?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it appears that there was a little bit of a tail injury on the end possibly. Has it gotten
injured somehow, or gotten pinched in the door or lid?
If the tip is hard or brittle then it will most likely break off but at the moment, it doesn't look as
if it is infected at all right now. Antibiotic ointment or coconut oil could help out for the end.

Tracie

Apmartin11

Original Poster
Thank you for responding! She wasn’t hurt in our care. My husband got her from a pet store. I noticed the tail on the first day but was unaware of the potential severity. We assumed it could have been an injury.

aww She's a pretty little girl, I agree honey is really helpful just watch for those crickets, other than that she looks alright, make sure she's getting enough UVB and is basking healthily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom