Bearded dragon foot turning dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
Sound like a plan, I am getting the UVB and different heat source holder right now, as well as the medicine for the antibiotics, Ill keep you guys updated.

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
Would it matter how long the UVB took? I can either order it with 2 business days or have it take 3-7 days to get here, I would like to save some money if I can, it doesn't matter though either way.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy's nail doing, have you gotten the bleeding stopped now?
As suggested, neosporin or polysporin are fine to use or even raw unpasteurized honey,
too. If you do use honey on the nail bed, be sure there aren't any bugs in the tank that
could be attracted to the honey.
He should be fine & hopefully his nail will grow back. If it doesn't though, he will be alright
missing a nail.

Tracie

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
Thank you for thinking about Gowther! Yes his name is Gowther lol a bit weird but I decided to name him from a anime I like that is non binary because when he was little I couldn’t tell his Gender lol. So I had work but when I woke up this morning I fed him the dubia roaches and of course right after I fed him them he decided to poop all over his greens. After that I poured the medicine with water onto his feet so I believe it should be fine. I’m going to see if the Neosporin I have is safe for him and then I’ll apply some :) As of right now I have a better UVB and a different basking light holder on the way for him to live a better life!

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
109014-3626550534.jpg
109014-5967745343.jpg

This is what his toes look like right now! He seems better and he will be happier once I get the lighting fixed

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
I have just now come home and I see that his finger is also looking like it was bleeding. I’m not sure what happened I was gone for a few hours

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
And damn I have now seen some tail rot on his damn tail. I seriously don’t even know what to do. I just have him a betadine bath but I just don’t know at this point

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I see right at the very tip-- keep an eye on it and see if it starts to creep up the tail- keep pics of it and then let us know-
Karrie

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
What should I do about the black stuff already on his toe? Not sure if it is tail rot but it looks like it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see any tail trauma at all so that's no problem. The toe looks worse than in the first pic you posted, hopefully the betadine + neosporin will take care of it. If it gets infected looking [ red/swollen ] then you should see a good reptile vet.

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
Yeah I’ll take pictures of them everyday to keep progress or track of it. I will most likely take him to the vet on Monday just to lower my anxiety levels since I love the little man so much

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
Thank you very much for all of the help. Today I think the toe looks worse then it did yesterday. I’m just gonna take him to a vet in the morning since I have tomorrow and the next day off. It’ll give me some anxiety relief within the least. Here are some pics of it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom