Kidney disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa88

I took my Beardie to the vet because she looked sick.. had blood work done and turns out she had severe kidney disease.. was given antibiotics and food for hydration.. have not seen any improvement... not sure what to do at this point.. I feel the vet may not have treated her with the right antibiotics..

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
If she’s not improving, you might need to put her down soon. Kidney disease is agonizing and kills them fast, but it’s not fair to make them suffer through that sort of death. Can you post a pic?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry to hear your dragon is not doing well.
Did they do blood tests on her & if so, do you have a copy you could post?
Which antibiotic did they prescribe for her?
If you can, please post some pictures of her along with the tank setup. Also, we can review
your setup & nutritional information also.

Tracie

Vanessa88

Original Poster
Originally they prescribed her ciprofloxacin.. after a week of no improvement I called with concern and then the vet went ahead and gave her enrofloxacin and tazicef which is what I had given her before for a bacteria infection. I will request the blood work so I can post it.. I’m new to the website, how do I upload pictures on these posts.. Im using my phone.. thank you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, that sounds good.
To post pictures, you can simply click on the XIMG function in the chat/message box,
then upload your image (s) to the photo or image gallery. Then, copy/paste the pictures
using the IMG & then post them.
How is she doing today?
Is she done with medications right now?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl today?
That is a very high uric acid level. Did they not mention gout at all, or just specifically
kidney disease? It might be an option to treat for gout, to see if you can get that uric acid
level down.
Her calcium levels are high as well. Has she ever laid eggs before? Is there any swelling
on her hands, feet, extremities, etc?
The tank setup looks nice & bright for her. How much protein do you give her? At this point
I would highly recommend keeping her protein levels low right now, to ease her kidney stress.
You can also try black or tart cherry juice to help break down the uric acid. Milk thistle is also
a good supplement for liver & kidney relief, too.

Tracie

Vanessa88

Original Poster
Thank you Tracie.. Yesterday we had to make the decision to put her to sleep because she had gotten really worse.. after reading your post I will have to say that the vet probably did not diagnose her correctly and did not treat her for the right disease. Im saddened because maybe we could have saved her..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, they put her down? What was going on with her, getting worse?
I am so very sorry you lost her. :cry:
If there is anything I can do for you, let me know.
My condolences to you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom