Bearded Dragon is Drooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noogai16

Hi Everyone

I had gone to check on my bearded dragon to see if he was doing ok and I saw him laying under hammock, it was at this point where I realized something was coming out of his mouth and I decided to wipe it off and realized it was drool. This is the first time I've seen him drool so I did some research to see if it was anything to be concerned about and I saw that it is a sign of a respiratory infection. I am planning to make him an appointment with the vet but until that date is there anything I can do to treat him? Please let me know. Thanks!

Sincerely, Marvin

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Keep him warm over nite like temp around 80-- use a CHE ceramic heat emitter or a heating pad in the tank on low -- to keep tank temps up -- I will get some more help on this
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, keep him warmer at night like Karrie said. Did he have a bath anytime yesterday ? Sometimes they gulp in too much water + they aspirate some.

Noogai16

Original Poster
Hi all!

No he hasn't had a bath, I didn't see him drooling today but I did see him gaping a couple times, I made him an appointment with the vet just to be sure but that's on Tuesday. Until then I'll do my best to keep him warm. Thanks for the advice, any more would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Marvin

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Excessive drool doesn't always indicate respiratory issues, but if it is on a regular basis then
you should assess the situation & double check the temperatures, too.
Had he just eaten something or not?
As suggested, maybe keep him a bit warmer overnight, in case he has developed a respiratory
issue.
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom