Not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricBo

My boy Slick was a savage of a eater. He would eat anything I put in front of him,but last couple months he has not been eating much if anything on some days. He doesn’t appear to be losing massive weight but obviously has lost a little. He is hydrated. I use a syringe and usually takes a few minutes before he starts lapping it up. Reptisun 10 and his basking spot is between 100-115. He’s not black,alert and seems his relaxed arrogant self.

Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This time of year beardies can go in to brumation or just slow down in general. Both of my boys have been asleep for about a month now, stone cold except for the other day I had Tigger out for some water because I woke him up.

EricBo

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2zpbk71n said:
The Reptisun 10 is a tube or a coil?
Karrie
I have the tube light mounted on the inside of his terrarium. His terrarium is the zen habitats.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok and the bulb your using is it a T 8 or a T 5 and the distance to basking spot?
Karrie

EricBo

Original Poster
KarrieRee":31p4d9km said:
Ok and the bulb your using is it a T 8 or a T 5 and the distance to basking spot?
Karrie

T5 it’s 10 inch to basking rock ,and 12 inches from a thick branch I have that runs length of terrarium where he spends 90% of his time on.

EricBo

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3om1rsgv said:
Karrie
I have a new bulb coming in tomorrow. This one is 3 months old I just bought it because wouldn’t hurt to try. I bought the one In there now from a store and for some reason I don’t trust anything that can be returned. Someone could have easily put old bulb into new bulbs package and return it and still have a new bulb free.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So the 10 inches is too close that is why hes at the 12 inch -- T 5's are 12-15 inches directly under basking decor piece -- keep track of his weight --- it could be weather and that time of year mine are more lazy these days eating not alot -- I recently weighed them and my youngest has gained weight my oldest is sustaining his -- how old is he? He could be getting ready to go into brumation -
Karrie

EricBo

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2heno9vv said:
So the 10 inches is too close that is why hes at the 12 inch -- T 5's are 12-15 inches directly under basking decor piece -- keep track of his weight --- it could be weather and that time of year mine are more lazy these days eating not alot -- I recently weighed them and my youngest has gained weight my oldest is sustaining his -- how old is he? He could be getting ready to go into brumation -
Karrie
I don’t think it’s that. What I meant is he spends 90% of time there when he’s off his rock which is hours. It’s 10 inches,but it’s not direct under bask it’s to the side few inches,so that the heat lamp is not melting my fixture and he’s actually getting the heat. I thought may have been when the air conditioning was turned up for the summer months he may have thought was time to start slowing down. I’ll mess around with lighting tomorrow some.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom