Vomit (?) and weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverGravity

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Broken hearted to say it was. I just found her dead in her tank. I got her an appointment for tomorrow and I was hopeful she could hold on until then even though I knew it would likely be to let her go but she didn’t. I’ve had her since I was around 9, I’m 20 and in college now. She’s been here for so long with me I don’t know what I’ll do now. It’ll be such an adjustment. Worst time for this, I have an exam today I didn’t get to work on. I’m so sad she died alone, I was checking on her all day. I got to spend some time with her earlier at least when I knew this was probably it. She sat on my chest while I watched some videos. Thank you all for your help with her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My heart really goes out to you. No words can help now but I am sooooo sorry. :( She lived longer than many beardies do but I know that's little consolation. Take care and do the best you can. Others here are thinking of you and wish you some solace at this extremely hard time.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm saddened to hear this as well. She did look very distressed in the last photos, but I was hoping she could bounce back. She had a good life with you and received the best care possible when she needed it. That is better than a lot of them are able to get and I'm sure she appreciated it. She was lucky to have you as a caregiver for sure.

SilverGravity

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you guys. It means a lot. I was going to leave this be now, but I wanted to update you all on what I found out. The vet offered to do a necropsy for free, so she did it today and found out a lot. It raises a million questions but also is some decent closure even if it sucks.

Her liver was messed up and had spots I believe she said, I don’t remember exactly. It was all around just odd and she wasn’t even sure if it could properly work. Not sure why her liver looked okay on her bloodwork. Her gallbladder was three times the normal size. Her intestines were very scarred up. No idea why, maybe genetic, maybe cancer, maybe something else but there were several spots that were scarred over and they would scar over and over again. They made the intestines really narrow so things had a hard time passing, which is likely why she was throwing up as there just was finally not enough room to let things pass. Explains a lot honestly, from now and the past.

It’s all awful but it’s some closure. There was nothing I could have done, and barely anything the vet could have even done. More tests, exploratory surgery she might not have survived, maybe more surgery to try and fix what’s wrong. We probably would have been back to either putting her down or letting her pass at home comfortably. She lived a long time for any dragon, but especially for what she was dealing with. It helps a bit to know it all even if it sucks. I did everything I could and there was nothing else I could have done and it wasn’t my fault, so there’s that at least.

She’ll be cremated so she’ll be home again soon. Once again, thank you all for all your help with her over the years and recently ❤️

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little girl, she sure had a big mess inside of her. Thanks for the update and yes you did all you could. She had a strong constitution and I don't think she suffered until the last few days.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for sending the update. It sounds like she was in really rough shape internally. Nothing you could have done to help in this situation, unfortunately. Not sure what would have caused all of that at once, but at least she seemed not to suffer for long.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I had forgotten to check back but didn't have a good feeling. I am so sorry that you
lost Sapphire. :cry: It is awful to lose one & I know you loved her dearly & I'm sure that she
felt how much she was loved too. I'm glad you were able to spend time with her on the day
she passed so she must have felt at peace with that to pass when you were not there at that
time.
I am truly sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom