Possible Parasites/impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypso90

Original Poster
Also is the lid required to keep in the moisture, or would it be fine without? I have a mini kitchenaid tub that I used for her quick baths, however it has no lid I can post a pic of it if necessary to see if it would be appropriate.

Calypso90

Original Poster
Okay sounds good, I'll update this post with dig box after getting all the ingredients together. Would the sand at pet stores suffice, I remember seeing some kind of sand up there, or would like a Walmart playsand be a better option? Just want to make sure everything is safe for her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Play sand is better and it will last for a long time if some gets thrown around or soiled . It comes in a 50 lb bag if that's not too heavy. Otherwise a small bag of plain topsoil [ Walmart ] and some coco fiber from pet store.

Calypso90

Original Poster
No the play sand should be no problem at all, for her size would the dimension listed previously be good for her. I could setup another heat lamp and separate area for as well but I'll try the smaller one for now and she how shes reacts to it once I get back home.

Calypso90

Original Poster
106933-1223382005.jpg
106933-3820753675.jpg
ok so this is what I was able to do last minute, but I think the consistency is good. Should I set her in there and see how see reacts

Calypso90

Original Poster
I did push some of the sand down so she wasnt too close to easy escapes, with the heat lamp above it's currently sitting around 84 degrees.

Calypso90

Original Poster
106933-1249964489.jpg
Just an update I decided last minute to scrap big tub and luckily my mother knew someone who is familiar with beardies and reptiles and thankfully had a spare lay box i could use. Hopefully things work out, will try to mix in a little top soil tomorrow. If it's not already dug into by then lol. Will continue to update her situation.

Calypso90

Original Poster
Well she didnt go into it last night, behaving pretty much the same. I set her in there after warming up for an hour or so she did a scratch and then came out shortly after. She ate a little more again today, about 10-12 calciworms. Did a usual small poo but looked slightly abnormal to me so I took a pic this time. Shes still basking and whatnot, and seems bright eyed besides for black beard surfing moments.
106933-1122537642.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
All normal behavior [ and poo ] , keep in mind they can become restless , dig or not dig, etc. Even some dragons carrying eggs will lay them outside the box so we just do what we can and leave the rest to them. A dig box is often but not always used but they have the option.

Calypso90

Original Poster
Ok so I just wait and let her chose when she wants to go in, also I'm glad the poo looks normal. Been afraid of impaction after the day my gf fed her meal worms roughly a week ago. She has been passing poos every day it seems so I think I may be ok there. Gf told me she just went in there on her own again but came back out so atleast shes exploring it.

Calypso90

Original Poster
Still no luck with lay box as of yet, but she is now going in and out a bit more frequently however isnt really digging too much in it. Any suggestions or should I continue to leave her be? I do take her out when shes stressing and not wanting to be in her enclosure/lay box and she usually jumps right to my chest or hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom