HELP! New Beardie Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so my friend has gone to the Air Force and I’m watching her bearded dragon. I’m freaking out because my bearie is now shedding and his neck is turning a dark black. Is this normal when they’re shedding?! I’ve looked all over the internet and I can’t find a direct answer...PLEASE HELP!
I also believe he is a few years old. I’m freaking out because I’ve already been having issues getting the humidity right and now he started shedding and I walked out there to check on him and his neck was black. I did follow up and check on him again and it went back to normal and then as I was out there it turned black again. I did read about shedding and that agitation happens which is one thing he has, but I just need so much help right now and I find myself going through these forums a lot...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, so you got thrown into ownership quickly!
They can sometimes develop a black beard here & there when they are stressed such as
from shedding, etc. Is it dark all of the time or just some of the time?
Is he acting ill at all, such as being lethargic, hiding, etc?

Tracie

GamingGoddesss

Original Poster
No it just started when he began shedding. Yea she left me an entire like spreadsheet about the bearded dragon, his setup, bulbs, diet, everything, cleaning the tank, humidity levels, temperature and everything. She did warn me about his beard turning black and said that won’t happen unless something is wrong or he is in distress but I also don’t think she was prepared for shedding yet for him. She told me all about brumation as well. But yea his beard just started doing this once he started shedding and I’m just freaking out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you go over the lights w / us like UVB brand and bulb --- how are you taking basking temps ? NO stick ons --- you want digital probe thermometer -- how old is the UVB?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom