Bearded Dragon Swollen Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaverickGrant

109511-2292775573.jpg
My 9 year old Bearded Dragon has a swollen arm for 1 day now and I don’t know what it’s from. I have not changed his diet at all or lights or anything, I think I just need to put more calcium dust on his crickets but idk. The arm is not bothering him at all and he is still walking on it and feeding. Pls tell me what it is and how I can treat it. It is a 40 Gallon Tank with a 160 Watt Light
I already fed him lettuce and crickets today
The picture I a little blurry but I hope you see how swollen it is...
I’m using Aspen Chips as bedding as well and no he is not shedding
109511-3634462576.jpg
109511-2925287946.jpg
I’ve been using Aspen chips his whole life and I have fed him the same lettuce his whole life but I’ll start with changing to kale instead. His arm is still swollen but not bothering him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The light in the tank what is it? Brand and bulb please--- what are you using for a substrate-- also please post a pic if him and the arm please
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon's arm looking, is it still appearing swollen so far or has it shed yet?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please NO more lettuce ---- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Please get rid of the aspen chips- you dont want any kind of loose substrate in the tank - it can cause impaction or the chips could cause internal injuries - you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner - cut to size of tank - insects cannot get underneath and clean w/ vinegar / water solution 50-50- or slated ceramic tile - both can be bought at your local home improvement store-
The arm is a little hard to see can you maybe get another pic of it please
The PowerSun is a good UVB what is the distance you have it placed?
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Early this year, my bearded dragon fell off her stick in the night and got a swollen arm. I just made it so she did not have to move as much and change to a bigger stick and after a week or two she was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom