Possible Parasites/impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypso90

So for about the last 5 days or so my beardie has really slowed down on eatting and may be struggling with the poos, they are still able to push out a little turd with some urate, I have noticed the urate was kinda pink a few times not alot but enough to see and today was kind of orange after squishing it all around. He ate for me a bit this morning 7-8 calciworms, 5-7 mealworms, and 1 horn worm. Hasnt touched his kale or greens really at all. Hes not lethargic but will black beard and tail usually 1 to 3 times during the day and glass surf/dig, I'll take him out and lay him on the bed to calm which usually works. Giving him a soak everyday as well, seems to help at times.
106933-2818602510.jpg
106933-8879383658.jpg
106933-4806631319.jpg
106933-5139479353.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's near brumation time for many beardies so how old is your guy ? And are you sure it's a boy ? Is his name Calypso ? :) What types + how much supplements do you use ? Pics of him + his entire tank set up will be helpful.

Calypso90

Original Poster
I'm not 100% it's a male, I've been leaning towards him actually being a she as I cant see the two main signifiers of Male. I would say they are roughly 10 months old. I feed a variety of feeders, usually crickets followed by meal, calcium, and horn usually calcium dusted 3-5 a week and as for greens, I've done collard, kale, mustard, endive, escarole, dandelion with a calcium spray on occasion. I just replaced the repti 10.0 t5 uvb as I noticed it was 8 months old, heat lamp I believe is fine, temps vary from 100-107 depending on if the heat is on at my home.

Calypso90

Original Poster
Also I have laid em flat on thier belly and lifted tail up like a happy dog would be. Theres no signs of double bulge at all, just has had me worried sick for about a week. I do have a herp vet appt on Tues just freaking out and over thinking I assume.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probably a female and behavior is normal for either gender but if it IS a female she may be ready to lay eggs. Post a pic with her tail arched up + I can probably tell you .

Calypso90

Original Poster
Ok that's what I've been leaning towards, is near 10 months old enough for egg laying? Itll be my first time if that's the case, I am familiar with a lay box but do not currently have any of it here. I havent been able to feel any eggs either as I've been rubbing her tummy incase it was a minor impaction.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My youngest female to lay was at 8 months but it's not common so yes yours could have eggs. Keep in mind it's a normal process, and infertile eggs can rarely be felt with certainty. Still, it may just be brumation. Our dragons grow fast in captivity so may lay eggs OR brumate at a younger age than in the wild. Nothing to worry about, just put a small laybox in her tank, she may even use it to brumate if she actually does not have eggs. Here's the kind I used to have in one of my girls tanks, filled 3/4 with damp sand or sand/soil -sand eco earth.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29933/full

Calypso90

Original Poster
And also now that I have a female confirmation, looks like I may need a name change for my little baby Ender. She means the world to me, and for 5 days I've been frantically blaming myself as well as researching due to what I thought was bad husbandry on my part. ?

Calypso90

Original Poster
Also thank you for the picture of your lay box, I was concerned about buying a large rubbermaid container. However that looks much easier to accomplish, I read I need like a foot or two of play sand

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think Ender is fine , no need to change ! And she looks beautiful + healthy, you didn't do anything wrong. She should be perfectly fine ! Give her a dig box for laying or just digging. The dig box in the pic is about 22 L X 11 W by 7 " high. Remember both males + females will dig like maniacs sometimes, it's the way they are made. :)

Calypso90

Original Poster
106933-1002843311.jpg
Having another one of her restless surfing/digging moments but heres a full size shot of her, will definitely go and get what I need for that box today. Does it need to be under direct heat and mixed with water to be firm?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks great, good weight on her whether she's carrying eggs or looking to brumate. If younger dragons DO brumate it's usually not as long. The box should be on the cool side, dampen the sand with warm water and set it longways from middle tank to the cool end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom