*warning poop and urate pic* worried about parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambi

I have a 2 year old female beardie. She’s really happy and healthy for the most part. I say for the most part because recently her poop has been a bit watery. I thought she was just over hydrated because I gave her a hornworm for the first time since I’ve had her. I assumed she was over hydrated. However today after she pooped this morning I noticed her urate had a bit of pink in it. I am uploading photos of both the BM and the urate below. Any advice helps. We have a T5 hood UVB and a 100W basking bulb. Her warm side is about 95-100 and her cool side is about 80-85. She eats dubia roaches a few times a week and collard greens daily. She also gets strawberries as an occasional treat and super worms as an occasional treat. Her appetite is fine and I have zero concerns other than the pink urate. The BM has greens on it because she pooped in her salad lol.
108957-7858816264.jpg
108957-6376918470.jpg
108957-8616643631.jpg
108957-8273535254.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yeah, that looks pretty normal overall. How long have her urates been a pinkish color?
The strawberries could cause some discoloration possibly.
A lot of times, they can get pink urates when they are gravid with infertile or fertile eggs.
Has she ever laid any eggs before?

Tracie

bambi

Original Poster
Just the once and it was yesterday. She hasn’t had strawberries in quite some time. She has never laid eggs before. They wouldn’t be fertile. What should I do in case she is going to?

bambi

Original Poster
I’m adding an updated picture from her BM and urate this morning. I was working for a few hours and she had already went when I came home. So it had been sitting in the tank for a little bit today.
108957-1989653469.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom