GROWTH ON BEARDED DRAGON TONGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivetb

My bearded dragon has been sick for a while now he refuses to eat and when I try force feeding him it comes out of his nose or he seems to vomit it back up. Right now when I took him out of his tank for a little I happened to see inside his mouth and saw a weird white growth on his tongue. This wasn’t here a couple weeks ago, how could it have appeared so fast. I haven’t been able to look in his mouth for a while and suddenly I see this it’s really worrying me. If any additional background is needed you can look at my previous posts. Can someone please tell me what this is. I’m planning on making a vet appointment asap tomorrow.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Try and get a pic of the inside of his mouth -- you will haft to have another person help you - go in from the side of his mouth and gently pry it open
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic and it should post ---
Karrie

ivetb

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3tbqoozr said:
Try and get a pic of the inside of his mouth -- you will haft to have another person help you - go in from the side of his mouth and gently pry it open
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic and it should post ---
Karrie
He is really reluctant to open his mouth I can hardly ever get him to do it, and he doesn’t leave it open I don’t think I’ll be able to get another photo. There’s no one else to help me.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well AHBD and Tracie our vet tech mod are going to need to see what the issue is --- I can give you a website to find a reptile vet
www.arav.org
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, that has got to be sore for him!
Do you think that he could have bitten his tongue eating an insect or is it a growth that just
cropped up suddenly?
At any rate, if possible do try to get a picture for us so we can at least try to weigh in on what
it could be. Definitely get him in to see a vet since it does seem to be bothering him. Especially
if it's affecting his eating he must be hurting.

Tracie

ivetb

Original Poster
Drache613":y2dbxqmf said:
Hello,

Poor thing, that has got to be sore for him!
Do you think that he could have bitten his tongue eating an insect or is it a growth that just
cropped up suddenly?
At any rate, if possible do try to get a picture for us so we can at least try to weigh in on what
it could be. Definitely get him in to see a vet since it does seem to be bothering him. Especially
if it's affecting his eating he must be hurting.

Tracie

I got a closer look at his mouth when he opened his mouth from being hot and it looks worse than I thought. The other side of his tongue also has another bump, and on the inner part of his tongue it looks like there’s more bumps. When he went to the vet a couple weeks ago they said nothing about his mouth, so it happened really suddenly I really don’t know how but if I had to guess I think he could’ve bitten his tongue when I was trying to force feed him so he could eat something. I’ll see what the vet has to say soon.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I hate to hear that, I hope he will be ok. When are you getting him to the vets for
analysis?
Is he eating anything at all right now? You can try dripping food onto his snout to see if
he will lick the food off that way, instead of trying to get a syringe into his mouth. It is hard
to get a syringe into their mouths without hurting them.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

ivetb

Original Poster
Drache613":14t854kf said:
Hello,

Oh I hate to hear that, I hope he will be ok. When are you getting him to the vets for
analysis?
Is he eating anything at all right now? You can try dripping food onto his snout to see if
he will lick the food off that way, instead of trying to get a syringe into his mouth. It is hard
to get a syringe into their mouths without hurting them.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Hello I am really sad to say that CJ died this morning I woke up and he was really stiff and not moving or breathing. I took him to the vet to see what they’d say and he died. Thank you for all your replies to my posts I really appreciate your willingness to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom