Weight/length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

Hi All! So I’ve had my little Gobi for 3 weeks. I weighed Gobi today and he is at 14grams according to my scale. I’m curious if that’s an appropriate weight for a little guy? I’m not 100% sure of the age. I got him from Petco 3 weeks ago. I would like to add a picture but I’m not sure how?

Beardies grow so much in so little time! I got Rex exactly 23 days ago and he's gone from 5.2 inches to 6, I haven't been able to weigh him but according to the website I just looked, at your beardie should be about 6-10 grams so I think your okay :)

Slawson

Original Poster
Gobi is very active, I’m not sure he eats as much as he should. He eats about 20 to 30 Phoenix worms a day, he’s offered greens as well. He is very alert. I posted a recent pic of him and of his setup. I do have his uvb light in his cage, in the picture it wasn’t. It’s a reptisun 10. His basking spot gets to about 110. Does he look ok? Is eating enough or should he eat more? I’m just concerned about his weight but I also have no clue how old he is.
109334-8561952104.jpg
109334-4947521882.jpg

Oh he's so handsome! awww yes he looks so healthy! how is he shedding? and is he pooping relatively everyday? He's eating perfectly fine, your right in that sweet spot! he looks about Rex's age who is about a month old, have you measured him yet? 6-9 inches is how long a month old baby should be, but it varies.

Slawson

Original Poster
He has shed once since I’ve gotten him, and poops every single day. I figured he wld be older than a month, because I got him from the pet store 3 weeks ago today.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, he looks very healthy and the amount he/she is eating is fine. :) They can grow at different rates so don't worry too much as long as he has a good schedule. You might offer very small dubias or crickets too, although some people are worried about crickets carrying parasites but beardies can pick them up from other insects as well. If you've had him for 3 weeks he's probably 6-8 weeks old, some stores get them in very young which is not good but some of the stores take decent care of them. At 1 month the average size is 6" but again, that can vary an inch or so smaller or larger, at 2 months they'd be in the 7-9" range.

Slawson

Original Poster
I just measured him and he’s 7” exactly. I also found out this morning he loves scrambled eggs ?. So I’m guessing he’s about 2 months then? Is his weight ok for 2 months?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes he is well proportioned. :) My guys have eaten egg before as well, don't be surprised if his stool gets a little runny , it did for my dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom