Hard urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

So my bearded dragon is still having hard urate. I mist him a few times a day and also soak him at least once a week. He doesn’t drink water but also does not get hydration from veggies as he does not really eat them. He is a year and a half old and eats Dubia roaches I try to get him a few hornworms a week for the hydration. Any advice

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Have you reviewed your nutrition & supplementation here with us?
I would recommend cutting back on his supplementation for a few days & trying to
get oral fluids into him also. Since he is not keen on greens/veggies right now, keep
trying with those but you can also get some squash & sweet potato baby food to give
to him or mix up some greens slurries for hydration.
How many insects on average, does he eat weekly?

Tracie

Mflav

Original Poster
He eats about six dubias twice a week Every now and again he will eat peas I will try doing the baby food other than that he seems to be doing great

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent he is doing so well! Yes, definitely try some baby food to help with the
hydration, it usually helps out.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom