Vet prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone. I'm planning on taking my beardie to a vet, and I'm not sure what to expect for prices. I've read that it heavily depends on location, but I wanted to ask if anyone in the Philadelphia area knows a good vet with reasonable prices? I'm more set on the quality of the vet than the price, but it would be nice to keep a check up price under $80. Also, what is the average cost for a respiratory xray, it's been a lot more humid lately and I only now figured it out, so I want to know for sure that my beardie doesn't have respiratory. Also I'm sorry for the somewhat frequent questions ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Check out this website to find a vet--- you can always call and get pricing before going there-- so you don't get sticker shock
www.arav.org
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Zach, no problem with asking questions here , everyone's glad to help if they can. I don't think a check up would be too pricey and I agree that finding an experienced vet with good reviews is the most important thing. What's your dragon's name and is he acting sick ? Having high humidity is normal for many keepers in the U.S so you don't need an xray unless your dragon is acting sick, having a hard time breathing, making coughing noises or has excess saliva .

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My dragon's name is Tokyo, and my humidity has been goimg crazt lately. At night it might go up to like 65-70, and during the day it changes from 40-60 depending on the day and the time. Also sometimes I have my AC running because here the weather is still changing back and forth, so that helps. Also I open the windows in the room sometimes to give me and Tokyo some fresh air, and susually that adds a few percent to the humidity. I've been looking closely at his behavior for the past few weeks, and the one thing I've noticed is that right after feeding (I make him chase his food a bit) he sharply inhales and that makes a slight hissing/squealing noise. Alsp for a few seconds after that his nose kind of pops, but that might just be him swallowing his food or what now. Other then that he seems fine; eats VERY well :), basks for a decent amount of time, runs around well outside of enclosure, and doesn't stress too much. Do you think I'm just paranoid? Just like most bd owners, I want the best for Tokyo ?. (Also thank you for the vet website, Karie.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom