General questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudge

Morning everyone,
It's been a long while since I have posted (although been reading a lot laughing, melting with the cuteness then sadness and quite a few tears over people's losses.
Finally I was able to log back in... I'm so much dumber than I thought, simple task of renewing password?
Took a while, but here I am.
Okay. I have a general question or two, Fudge who is now less a stick shape and more a toffee penny, is a year old "how quickly it passes" he's also my best friend having spent three months locked down together it really helped that he can't actually voice an opinion as he may feel very differently about that! He is now 20 and a pinch inches and 570 grams and been moved into a 4x2x2 wooden Viv (commonly known as his bedroom, as he spends most of his time out of it) now that he's morphing into an adult is there anything extra I should be giving him supplement wise.
At the moment I still have him on his ordinary routine, calcium with d3 x5 on one meal per day vits X2 per week, he's offered water twice a day from a dropper bottle which he readly excepts,
He only gets baths when dirty or shedding although during the summer he loved diving into the paddling pool outside (under supervision) I often read on here about giving supplements ie milk thistle etc and have wondered if I should have something in the cupboard " in case scenario" and what would be the best things to have to hand (I do have a tube of bene bac slowly going out of date) was a just in case item which (touch wood) never was needed, a jar of manuka honey (man that's expensive, can't afford that stuff to spread on my toast!) But I definitely need a more comprehensive and useful list (bearing in mind I'm in Scotland) and looks more and more like we'll end up in local lock down again (already back too no visiting indoors to any other household") which is why I think I need back up in the cupboard I can get milk thistle at Holland and Barrett but it comes in capsule form, so would have no idea about doing dosage? Black cherry extract also, I'm not wanting to ever have too use these, but having read how things can go south so quickly I'd rather be prepared than panicking trying to get these things in. . It's more the dosage levels than anything.

Well I was going to post lights etc and a more recent pic of fudge, but will do so later as my post has ended up a novel. . Apologies for that

Slainte'

Lorna

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there Lorna, I'm glad that you were able to get back on, you are not as feeble- minded as you think you are ! :lol: It sounds like Fudge is a stout laddie [ forgive my attempt at Scottish slang ] and is doing well. :) I think there is an emergency or first aid thread somewhere on this forum, maybe type it in for a search. Some people keep heat packs in case of a power outage and activated charcoal [ available at pharmacies in the U.S. ] in the event of accidental ingestion of something toxic which is very rarely a problem. Manuka honey is great, if you ever ran out then local unpasteurized honey will do just fine. I would suggest cutting back the supplements to twice a week for an adult , too much can do harm as well. I'd love to see pics of Fudge in his mansion so hope to see some upcoming pics !

Fudge

Original Poster
Morning AHBD,
Firstly yer Scottish slang Wiz bang on "laughing" Fudge doesn't look that stout to me, although he does sport muscles like the terminator, must be all the running about he does, will post some pics I have here on my tablet that kinda follows him through from stick of fudge to toffee penny.
As for his mansion I'll take a pic of that it's not fancy by any means, practical an easy too clean.
Thanks for the heads up I've bookmarked both the emergency and vit dosing threads "activated charcoal" was one I was wondering about as well, I'll read through to look for dosage etc.
Trying to be a good little girl guide (ignoring the fact I got tossed out of the pack many many years ago) and Be Prepared! Oh another thing, I'm about to restock on calc and vits ( have taken note to reduce those dosages now) what are your thoughts on Nutri cal by Komodo? I've seen it in the pet shop an all in one calc and vits, tempted but thinking the separate ones has worked for now, stay with what you know?
Okay here goes an overload pics, I apologies in advance!

Stick of fudge
106337-6326955990.jpg
106337-3450400024.jpg
106337-6309530479.jpg
106337-2910109181.jpg
106337-6309530479.jpg
106337-1772485017.jpg
106337-1624786952.jpg
106337-7548166304.jpg
106337-3680586284.jpg

Slante'

Fudge

Original Poster
Found some more pics
You'll have to guess the order by length "laughing" I'm totally useless at uploading correctly!
106337-616905643.jpg
106337-7876890097.jpg
106337-6187783447.jpg
106337-1836965140.jpg
106337-2807808276.jpg
106337-1194533781.jpg
106337-972139477.jpg

Fingers crossed it works.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for the great pics ! You described his younger days well, looked like a stick but I must say he looks like a little log now. :) He looks the picture of health and very alert and friendly too. So many cute pics of him, he's really photogenic and did well for all of his photo shoots. As for the Komodo supplement we don't have that in the U.S. as far as I know so yeah I think best to stick with what you have.

Fudge

Original Poster
Thanks AHBD (All Hail Bearded Dragons?)
Think I'll stick to usual routine rather than upset him with any changes.
So
Boy or girl beardie? Or more than one?

Would also love to see pics as well, having never owned a beardie before I have now become fascinated with all the colours and types and personalities and attitudes and just how social they can be.
Would love more but it is costly to set up....and maybe one bratty lads enough

Stay safe, stay well

Slante'

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Always Hungry Bearded Dragons....... :lol:

Right now I have 2 boys, leatherback brothers that are 8 years old . Hatched here with the last clutch I ever raised. First 2 pics are Tigger [ 2nd pic Tigger in their outside cage ] Third pic is Buddy.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29881/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29954/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29882/full

They are in separate cages of course whether in or outside. Both are in brumation now. I've raised some very colorful in the past ones and I always liked the tiger pattern as well, a few of my faves here :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30003/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29971/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30064/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30023/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29871/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30042/full

Fudge

Original Poster
"laughing" AHBD
Why on earth didn't I think of that! They are always hungry. .
But too late I still see your initials and think bow down to the beardies. . I am but a minion.

Your boys "Tigger and Buddy" are gorgeous, the colours are superb and they look stout an aw! And there 8! Jeesh! Beardies age way better than I do! Loving their smiles...and coloured sides
Jealous over the outside enclosure I really need to find my inner diy"er" I got fudge a cat tent for the summer "what little summer we get" and spent most of my bloody time peeling him off the dam roof and putting him back on the floor . .so I hope you don't mind but will have a go at copying yours. (No much ya can do about it fae there)
Ah brumation. . Scares the life outta me, I know it's normal behaviour for them and I know it'll happen at some point, I'll end up on here greetin my eyes out or buying a pulse monitor and making him lie on it and be a right helicopter mum "hover hover hover" mind you, my lads reckon he gets more fussing than they ever did, he falls ower or jumps from something and I'm checking his wee legs, with the boys it was "are ya bleedin?. . Nah. . Can ya stand on it?. . ACH yer fine.

So you bred them through time, exciting and nerve racking, but well worth it, outstanding colours and beautiful leatherbacks, must feel so good knowing that you have raised those gorgeous boys from eggs!
I can see from reading the forums that morphs, hypos etc are really popular and your pics show why.
Thank you so much for letting me see them, brought me a smile on this driech morning.

Apologies again for the long post, one of the reasons a dinna post on other topics
A. I ramble on too long "thanks for your patience"
B. I don't know enough, I've only done a year.
So,

Stay safe, Stay well
Slainte'

Lorna

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ha ! That's funny, your description of hovering over Fudge if he took a slight tumble but your human offspring might nearly bust a leg and as long as they could still hop up it was O.K. by mom. :lol:
So Fudge has a cat tent ? They sell ones in the U.S., ABO gear happy cat habitat , I've seen a poster here had one. I wonder if yours is the same type ? If so that would be quite a feat for Fudge to get up on the top ! BTW you should post away wherever you want here, there are the sub-forums like " beardie tales " where people have threads about their beardies every day life. There's also the " photo expressions " where you also post as many pics as you like. And who doesn't like to see pics ? Your way of describing things is very humorous. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry you had trouble getting logged back in!
Those are some super cute pictures! :D
Scotland, huh? Very neat. Where on earth did you purchase him from, are there many
breeders there?
The Nutrical has a good reputation so that should be fine. I have not personally used it
but have known some who have before without any problems with it.

Tracie

Fudge

Original Poster
Morning AHBD,
Not sure if it's the same cat tent or not, will take a pic and show you, seemed like a good idea at the time,
I didn't realise I had a flaming monkey though. . Popped it up, put in his log, a wee hide and a fleece over one side so he had shade then popped fudge in and zipped it up, popped into the kitchen (only a few feet away) too make a cuppa, out I go, quick glance before I sit down "What the Hell" where is he?
Och must be scared and in his hide . . poor wee soul...No!
Little bigger was hanging from the top, so there I am bent double, arse in the air trying to get him to let go of the netting without hurting his nails.
Gave him a wee cuddle cos I thought maybe the newness of it had spooked him, then popped him back in on his log, zipped it up and sat down with my cuppa beside him.
He scrambles over towards me (awwwww so sweet) only to grab onto the bloody netting and climb again, even had the cheek to stop halfway and look at me through the netting, so arse in the air again getting him down. . Really trying my patience!
Tried putting the fleece round the bottom, just climbed ower it and off he'd go, I have no idea why he was doing it? he was perfectly happy all yellow and perky.
So he got grounded....still have it for next summer as hopefully" his" arse will be too heavy to climb!

Thanks AHBD,
Might summon up the courage to post elsewhere at some point, I'll have a look at both your suggestions.
Was laughing at the fact you got my parenting skills spot on!
Funny thing is...they survived no matter what I tried!

This is how the cat tent comes

106337-2612439483.jpg

And this is when it pops open
106337-88253432.jpg

And now the battle to get that back in a wee round bag "jeesh"
I bought mine on Amazon think it was 18 quid about 23 dollars ?

Please excuse the bad pics on the kitchen floor a wee bit nippy to take it out in the garden.
Frosty but bright lovely autumn morning
Plus I'm still in my PJ's and the curtain twitchers would have a field day!
Okay bored ya enough for one morning AHBD

Stay safe, Stay well
Slainte'

Lorna

Fudge

Original Poster
Good morning Tracie,
Thank you for the reply, ach was my problem logging in, helps if you remember what you logged on with originally, eventually made it!
Fudge was bought at my local pets at home store, and I know it probably wasn't the best way to go about it "sigh" ya live and learn but, when I saw him and he ran right over from where he was basking to look straight at me. . I was sucker punched! But I'm sure there will be breeders ower here. I am Not gonna look though I'll just fall in love all over again and to be honest I adore my wee lad, he's so social and a lot of fun.
Thanks for the heads up on nutrical being okay, I've used calc and vits separately for the last year but noticed this in the pet store last time I was in for Viv cleaner and wondered about it. . I always like spares to hand "just in case" think it stems from bringing my lads up on my own (not a hassle, loved every minute of it and a didna kill them, which is always a plus point) but always had to have spares of everything and it's carried over to fudge "laughing"
Glad you enjoyed the pics it's strange to think he was such a "skinny ma linky" to start with, how time flies!

Lovely to meet you Tracie

Stay safe, Stay well

Slainte'

Lorna

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
:lol: :lol: To everything you wrote. Oh, Fudge was having the time of his life playing Ninja lizard, practicing parkour until mom interrupted. :D Just put a soft blankie on the bottom and let him climb. No stopping him now ! And yeah, like most people you are skilled at unpacking this contraption but putting it back is a different story. It will require all your muscle, a good cuppa and the result will be a mangled unidentifiable thing -a ma-jig nicely stuffed in the carry bag.

Fudge

Original Poster
Morning AHBD,
No as nice this morning dreich and dank,
Fudge will be on the windowsill later wondering why the world's gone grey?
To be honest I should have left him too it and just padded the landing spot as you said but, knowing my luck.....it woulda been a trip to the vets. He's a wee bugger wie climbing if I don't block the stairs he's up them in a shot which if fine, it's the coming doon that scares me, he just jumps off each yin, ya can actually hear him splat!
And dinna start me about the hoover. . Ach, he always has to conquer the bloody thing at least once a day all ya hear is scratch,scratch,scratch then silence. . He's made it too the top then immediately jumps down. . Sometimes a worry he's no all there!
Oh.. . I wiz a right smarty pants and got it in the bag on the first go "clapping meself on ma back"
Well his lordship has arisen. . Will add a pic. . Dinna judge me!
A ken he's spoilt.
106337-5221354221.jpg
Stay Safe, Stay well

Slainte'
Lorna

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
:lol: again! Dreich and dank shall be new words in my vocab, I may disguise myself as a Scot on the boards with this new jargon. :) And yeah your boy is spoilt as milk and I dinna wonna judge ye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom