Possibly constipated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Alright, here's the scoop. Cersei got out of brumation about 2 weeks ago and hasnt had a bowel movement since, even though she's eating relatively well. Shes always been a bit of a picky eater. But she'll gladly chomp on most anything so long as I hand/tong feed her. She gets collard greens daily, and organic green bean/kale baby food a few times a week, as well as dubias and the occasional super worm. Her temps are 95 on warm side, 70 on cold with a basking spot of about 100. Tile as a substrate, UVB tube has been approved by multiple people on this site before. She's about a year and a half.

On the plus side, she's not regurgitating anything she eats, so I dont think she's impacted. I always give her a warm bath once a week, I let her out of her tank to run around a few times a week, and I've been giving her a few drops of olive oil a day for the past couple days. She hates it so I have to put it on a berry to give it to her. I guess my question is what else can I do to enduce a BM? And when should I resort to bringing her to a vet?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is not uncommon for them to go long periods of not pooping ---as long as she has good UVB and good basking temps and not eaten any insect too big for her what goes in will come out-- you can try feeding her some sweet potato raw and shredded that usually keeps them regular - or some baby prunes or unsweetened applesauce
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom