Bummed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD16

Juvie Member
So I've been wanting to get back into the hobby as I've posted recently. I had my eye on 2 babies, One of which was sold, The other I was interested in is still available however. Unfortunately it seems to be my luck now that I'm ready to get another dragon that I can't get a terrarium anywhere.. Petsmart seems to be sold out, Petco is sold out, Facebook marketplace and my local craigslist have nothing but overpriced junk in crappy condition.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just may have to! Worst case scenario it could be a temporary until I got something better.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can house a baby in a 20g for awhile too until you find something that is more permanent. If you find a dragon you like, i'd say jump on it and make it work :)

-Brandon

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I had my eye on a "Special Needs" dragon from Atomic Lizard Ranch, not actually super special needs but a very severe tailnip to the point of the dragon practically being a stub butt and several nipped toes, They also have another one I have my eye on, I was just hoping to have my setup and everything I needed before I bought her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can get a large plastic clear tote at Walmart for around $20 max and set your lights on top. In the meantime start on a DIY out of an old piece of furniture, etc. Look up DIY bearded dragon cage on youtube and you'll be inspired. This is how I set up a plastic tote when I was raising babies, you can add more decor of course but sticks + branches are the best. I bake them in the oven for 40-60 minutes at 250 to sterilize them.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29895/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29953/full

BTW, be sure that the special needs baby's tail is completely healed. That's a lot of tail to have been damaged and you want to be sure there is no infection left that can travel even further up the tail. Poor little guy.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I lost out on the special needs dragon. I just emailed about the other one I was interested in. I think I may have found a terrarium, Supposed to go look at it Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom