Blood in beardie stool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ofxbrian

So my bearded dragon who is about 9-10 months old had pooped and I saw blood in his stool or so I think? The bright red liquid or blood was there but it wasn’t too much. He’s still eating and moving around like a healthy Beardie but I’m worried if he’s developing some kind of issue. Any suggestion would help thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they strain a bit and it's not a huge deal. Worth keeping an eye on though. It's good that he is alert and active and still eating well. If you upload and post a photo if it happens again it may be helpful. Does the poop look dried out at all (or the urate chalky)? Or is there some water passing through along with the poop? That is a good indicator of dehydration which may cause some straining when they poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom