Please Be Wary of [removed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchykin

I may have stumbled upon something terrible. Earlier today I was browsing Offerup and came across a seller with horrible conditions in which they are keeping their bearded dragons. The “first image” Is 11 bearded dragons being kept together in a plastic jar. When I asked this seller about this they linked me to a website called[removed], on this site there are 11 dragons for sale that look very similar to ones being kept In the jar. The second photo is the website the seller linked me to. I genuinely hope this isn’t what I think it may be but I wanted to tell everyone to be cautious just in case this is an actual event of bad breeders. I would really like feedback and if it is actually a misunderstanding I will remove my post!
Image one:
108789-788491103.jpg

Image two: [removed]

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it looks like someone posting a " funny " pic, maybe as in a bowl of Halloween " goodies " is my guess. They definitely don't live in there but were placed there for a silly photo op. Uncomfortable for sure but not dangerous. It's not clear at all if these are from this breeder so be careful what you say just in case.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes if you look at the "jar" you can see its ribbed like a pumpkin. I bet AHBD is right, most likely a Halloween themed picture.

Babies often do look similiar. It's possible it is that breeders dragons, but there really is no way to tell for sure without the breeder saying it is. Since we don't want to slander a breeder without viable proof, I'm going to edit out the name from your post. :)

Still an interesting picture though for sure.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
but, always good to be on the look out for things like this. I have seen breeders showing horrible conditions or practices in the past and it was a good idea to call them out on it.

For instance, one breeder a few years back that was super popular posted something questionable and I made sure everyone knew about it lol...

-Brandon

Munchykin

Original Poster
AHBD":38nejlzo said:
Hi there, it looks like someone posting a " funny " pic, maybe as in a bowl of Halloween " goodies " is my guess. They definitely don't live in there but were placed there for a silly photo op. Uncomfortable for sure but not dangerous. It's not clear at all if these are from this breeder so be careful what you say just in case.

The ad for this had been up for 4 weeks now, if it was a Halloween thing they did it awfully early considering it would have been in early August for the posting but it’s still possible. All I know is that under the search of “Reptile” I saw an ad called “random things” and in such was this photo of many dragons in a jar and when I asked them about it they didn’t say anything except a sent link to the website in question. So yes I don’t have any actual confirmation they are affiliated with this website it was just very shocking to see this and I didn’t know what to do. Sorry if this upset anyone but I’d rather be told “hey your wrong” than just let this slide and it be a problem for the dragons.
I would also like to mention this photo was among many other ones, like a motor, a bike and another car part. Nothing about this ad except for the tag would have led me to believe it was for Halloween promotion. The photo was just thrown in there and when I asked about it they sent me to the website..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I wasn't upset in the least. Just making the point that if there's no concrete proof then care would be taken in bringing up a name. Your last sentence in your first post even asked for feedback or thoughts of it being a possible misunderstanding. Whether the pic was for Halloween last year or just to be shocking is not known, still in bad taste . It's certainly good to warn people when there's proof of cruelty or very bad practices by a breeder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom