Sick Beardie - Waiting on Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptarDK91

Hi everyone,

My beardie is about 4 years old. I took her to the vet yesterday to get checked out. She's always been a light eater and recently she's been eating less and less and seems to be losing weight. The vet said her enclosure is good and her diet is great so it's nothing with her setup but must be something internal. When she got checked out yesterday they gave her a boost of fluids/vitamins and sent me home with two medicines to give her. She seems to have perked up since then.

She's perked up and moving around a lot more (she was always active just not super active lately) but she still won't eat. I'm tempted to call the vet back tomorrow to ask if I should try feeding her with a needle-less syringe since she still isn't eating.

The vet's office called today to say that she came back negative for parasites. Just waiting on the blood test results. If it isn't parasites, what else would cause a loss of appetite and weight loss?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to say what the issue could be. Hopefully the blood test results will reveal something and treatment can go from there. How much weight has she been losing? Can you post some photos of her? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom