Constantly having bowel movement issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI there!
I am reaching out because I continue to find myself in the same situation again and again. Bee, my 7 month old beardie girl, has been having some issues for the past two and a half months. About a month and a half ago, Bee really decreased the amount she was eating and hadn’t pooped in about 2 weeks. I took her to the vet where they okayed my setup and care for Bee and said she wasn’t impacted, but also suggested to have her dewormed (which I did). That very day she pooped and returned to her more lively self. Except this happened again, she went about 4 weeks without pooping after that and barely touched her food. I KNOW that this is very long and I should’ve taken her back to the vet sooner. I just thought she was almost going into a very early brumation because she barely wanted to eat and was so so tired. I took her to a different vet that said she’s healthy but could be a little dehydrated because she could feel a very hard urate. She gave her a small enema and sent us on our way. I gave Bee a bath when I got home and she finally had some bathroom action. This was great and you could tell she felt much better. A week later, she had another bowel movement. The week following that she had another bowel movement. Running poop and chalky harder urate. This Wednesday will now be two weeks since the last bowel movement and she’s definitely had enough food to do so. Her belly looks a little bloated. I don’t know what to do.. is she going to constantly have to have enemas? I have been giving her baths daily, providing a wide variety of hydrating veggies which she eats a bit of, and I have cut back on the amount of Dubai roaches although when offered she’s very hungry to eat them. I have also been able to get her to lick up small amounts of puréed pumpkin and puréed butternut squash. I have given her a small amount of olive oil through and eye dropper and water through the eye dropper. Still nothing. I don’t want to continue to stuff her with food if she’s not able to go, but I don’t want her left hungry. I am planning on taking her next movement in for a fecal sample, but can’t do so until she has one. I have also been giving her tummy massages and there’s nothing hard built up. I don’t know what to do and don’t know how to help her. Each week I am in a constant worry. HELP

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
NO ENEMAS your lucky she survived the first one please read this
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=252267
Please go over your lighting and basking temps -- first NO coils -- next basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons--- what are they
Diet what are you feeding her
Karrie

laneyeldridge

Original Poster
KarrieRee":6dps9fhm said:
NO ENEMAS your lucky she survived the first one please read this
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=252267
Please go over your lighting and basking temps -- first NO coils -- next basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons--- what are they
Diet what are you feeding her
Karrie

Dubia Roaches for protein
Occasionally hornworms for hydration
Collard greens
Mustard greens
Green beans
Butternut squash
Green bell pepper

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good diet what about lighting? UVB and basking temps--- No stick ons and No Coils
Karrie

laneyeldridge

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2gtjxec1 said:
Good diet what about lighting? UVB and basking temps--- No stick ons and No Coils
Karrie

UVA/UVB:
Zoo Med T5-H0 Terrarium Hood, 24”
Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 H0 Lamp, 24 watts
Basking:
Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp, 100 watts
External Heat:
Power Reptile Heat Pad Under Tank Terrarium Warmer (large)
Thrive Ceramic Heat Emitter, 60 watts (used only at night when house is cooler)
On the cooler side the temp is consistent with being 80-83 degrees, where on the warmer lower side it's usually 87-90 degrees with the basking area being 100-105 degrees.

I have a probe temp gauge and a sensor push thermometer

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Everything sounds good -- they do tend to slow down on pooping when getting older-- so I wouldnt fret -- what goes in must come out sometimes not as long as we like them too - shes got good lighting and good basking temps and a good diet -- she will poop on her own - my 13 month old is only pooping like once a week or longer
Karrie

laneyeldridge

Original Poster
KarrieRee":218yzeqk said:
Everything sounds good -- they do tend to slow down on pooping when getting older-- so I wouldnt fret -- what goes in must come out sometimes not as long as we like them too - shes got good lighting and good basking temps and a good diet -- she will poop on her own - my 13 month old is only pooping like once a week or longer
Karrie

Okay that’s good to hear! But is 8 months too young for that? Especially since she becomes very sleepy because of this?
She’s in a 40 gallon tank right now, but she’s definitely outgrown it. I have a 120 gallon tank ordered and on its way.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It could be the time of year -- my 2.5 yr old has been sleeping the last 3 days -- hes in his cave - he was awake yesterday for awhile but in his cave - I am leaving him alone and will pull him out on Fri to weigh him and offer water again - he drank before he went into his cave but I still want to check his weight - in case he decides to hide out there for awhile - my 13 month is basking/ sleeping today not moving around much - didnt eat either today - just watch their behavior and no 8 months old Blazes pooping slowed down -- like I said good basking temps / good UVB she will be fine --- as long as shes eating basking and active she will be fine - if you want get her out and let her run your living room floor - the activity may make her poop
Just make sure no other animals can get her and watch her so she doesnt get under something you dont want her under like the couch or dresser or some sort of furniture you wont be able to get to her
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom